Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com> on 2002/05/24 12:11:30 UTC

Re: [RT] XSL structure across projects -- was -->Re: HTML/CSS and graphics

At 02:51 24/05/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>Steven Noels wrote:

>>We should be cautious on xsl:import/include since this conflicts with
>>stylesheet caching... same with the document() function - to be avoided
>>if possible. Think about this before choosing a direction.
>
>I have been looking for a way to use componetized XSLTs without
>include/import. I see how Forrest uses book2menu which does an inital
>transformation producing a new result which is then transformed again. Is
>this considered the correct way to handle component XSLT?
>
>Someone on the user list suggested that I use a pipeline to aggregate the
>XSLT, is there an example or thread you can point me to (I cannot find
>info and can't find it in my hacking)?

IMHO The best way of putting things together in Cocoon (Forrest is a Cocoon
implementation/application) is using pipelines.  The docs section of the
Cocoon site is built up this way. Check out the sitemap in the
Cocoon/documentation directory.
If you really need to merge XSLT's you need to have a look at
<map:transform src="cocoon:/yourpipeline"/>  where "yourpipeline" points to
a pipeline called "yourpipeline".  In that pipeline you aggregate the
different XSLT's.  XSLT is after all a form of XML.

Bert