Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Gian Merlino <gi...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/01 01:35:35 UTC

Re: Kinesis Client Library now under Apache 2.0

Oh, great! It looks like this post does announce the change on behalf of Amazon: https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2019/04/amazon_kinesis_data_streams_changes_license_for_its_consumer_library_to_apache_license_2_0/

It would simplify things to include the KCL in Druid’s Kinesis extension, that way we can skip the instructions for people about how to add it themselves. It would be a useful patch to do.

Gian