Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Sarafian <sa...@yahoo.gr> on 2012/08/01 08:07:21 UTC

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Hi Colm,
If you need it I can provide the full WCF Message logs.
One working and one failing (ValidateFinal).

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Gina Choi <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Colm,

The strange thing is when I monitor from STS side, I don't see any request
coming from .NET client.

What I am going to tonight is, run build and test it with Java client to
see if STS set up is done properly. Then, I will work with Alex tomorrow
morning.

Thanks.

Gina

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Sarafian <sa...@yahoo.gr>wrote:

> Colm O hEigeartaigh-3 wrote
> >
> > Could you paste the stacktrace and the request that causes it?
> >
> > Colm.
> >

> If I understand correct, here are the WCF logs
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5713598/Agent_-_WCF-ML.svcLog WCF
> Client
>
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5713598/BookingService_-_WCF-ML.svcLog
> WCF Service

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Sarafian <sa...@yahoo.gr>.
Colm O hEigeartaigh-3 wrote

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Sarafian <sa...@yahoo.gr>wrote:

> Hi all,
> Thank you again for your efforts. Sorry for the delay from our side but we
> are in product release timeframe.
>
> We made a quick try but now the flow breaks at the step
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512/RST/Issue which is the
> one
> before the ValidateFinal.
> I get a fault exception which only says "Error reading XMLStreamReader".
>
> We think that changes with this new version probably are more severe and we
> need some time for proper adjustments. Unfortunately, we are reaching
> release period for our products and we don't have enough time to currently
> invest the required time.
>
> If you don't have something simple to propose, then we are going to get
> back
> on this matter after our release at least a month later.
>
> Sorry for not being able to currently pursuit this until the end because
> you
> have been very helpful.
>
> Alex & Gina

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Gina Choi <gi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you everyone. We will test it next Thursday and let you know the
result. My colleague is left for the day and I won't be back to the office
until next Thursday.

Thanks.

Gina

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Aug 24, 2012, at 10:10 AM, Gina Choi <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I am in the dark and didn't know CXF2.6.2 is released. My pom.xml file is
> still pointing SNAPSHOT. Do you know if CXF2.6.2 includes wss4j1.6.7 or
> should I still need to use SNAPSHOT version of wss4j?
>
>        <cxf.version>2.6.2-SNAPSHOT</cxf.version>
>        <wss4j.version>1.6.7-SNAPSHOT</wss4j.version>

Yep.  It includes the released 1.6.7.

Dan

> Thanks.
>
> Gina
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 24, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Gina Choi <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Colm,
>>>
>>> I am very sorry for the delay. It was my fault. As Alex mentioned, we
>> were
>>> assigned to other projects and couldn't test it until this morning.
>>>
>>> I checked out CXF 2.6.2 SNAPSHOT this morning and Alex ran it, but we are
>>> still encountering same issue - STS is still issuing ValidateFinal to the
>>> client. Could you let me know when Dan Kulp fixed this issue? I am not
>> sure
>>> if  I am getting his fix? I can compare SVN fix and my version.  Do you
>>> know which jar file is updated?
>>
>> Can you try with the actual 2.6.2 release?   I'm actually surprised the
>> 2.6.2 SNAPSHOT is even there anymore.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Gina

>> again

>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
CXF 2.6.2 uses WSS4J 1.6.7:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/branches/2.6.x-fixes/parent/pom.xml?revision=1373046&view=markup#l133

Glen

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Gina Choi <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Aug 24, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Gina Choi <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Colm,
>
> I am very sorry for the delay. It was my fault. As Alex mentioned, we were
> assigned to other projects and couldn't test it until this morning.
>
> I checked out CXF 2.6.2 SNAPSHOT this morning and Alex ran it, but we are
> still encountering same issue - STS is still issuing ValidateFinal to the
> client. Could you let me know when Dan Kulp fixed this issue? I am not sure
> if  I am getting his fix? I can compare SVN fix and my version.  Do you
> know which jar file is updated?

Can you try with the actual 2.6.2 release?   I'm actually surprised the 2.6.2 SNAPSHOT is even there anymore.

Dan

> Thanks.
>
> Gina
>
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Sarafian <sa...@yahoo.gr>wrote:
>
>> Hi Colm,
>> Sorry for the delay in our answer but we were sidetracked with other
>> responsibilities.
>>
>> CXF side downloaded today (24/08/2012) the code and built it. We run again
>> our prototypes and we get the same error flow.
>>

>> --

Daniel Kulp

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Gina Choi <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Colm,

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi,

This should be fixed in the latest CXF SNAPSHOT code courtesy of Dan Kulp.
The problem was caused by the fact that the WCF client is not sending a
SOAPAction header. CXF was not handling this correctly and was returning an
incorrect Action of "ValidateFinal".

Colm.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Sarafian <sa...@yahoo.gr>wrote:

> Unfortunately I'm not hosting the STS service and I'm not proficient enough
> with JAVA code to host and debug.
> I'll ask though the responsible person to take a look and see if she can
> make any sense of what you are asking.
>
> Let me know if you will need the .NET code as described before.
>
> Alex

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
I'll take a look. Have you considering investigating what is going on with
the STS using a debugger? In particular, you could take a look at the
WS-Address code to see where the "ValidateFinal" Action is coming from.

Colm.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Sarafian <sa...@yahoo.gr>wrote:

> Hi Colm,
> Thank you for the effort.
> I'm not sure whether you tried this with a WCF Service but for your request
> I can only think of supplying a zip with
>
> WCF Service
> WCF Service Certificate
> WCF Client
>
> The code in the above implementation will have not functionality because we
> are currently unable to reach the service. But I'll move the same code for
> creating the clients as in my example. I'll also leave hints and
> instructions for the modifications required in order to make this work with
> you CXF instance.
>
> I don't know if you are also interested in the STS setup.
>
> If you tried this with .NET stack and worked then could it be that there is
> something in the STS configuration that forces this flow that we are
> getting?

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Is there any way you can supply a test-case that reproduces the problem? It
looks like a bug in CXF but I can't reproduce it locally.

Colm.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Sarafian <sa...@yahoo.gr>wrote:

> Hi again,
> CXF was upgraded to CXF2.6.2 SNAPSHOT and we run the tests again.
>
> The results are still the same.
> Still getting the same error because the client is receiving the
> ValidateFinal.

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Sarafian <sa...@yahoo.gr>.
Hi,
Yes, I'll inform the CXF Side and I'll keep you informed.

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Could you try again with the latest CXF 2.6.x-SNAPSHOT code? There have
been a number of fixes in this area over the last few days that might solve
the problem.

Colm.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Sarafian <sa...@yahoo.gr>wrote:

> Hi Colm.
>
> In collaboration with the STS side we have gathered a package of files that
> you can see below.
>
> Here are the logs from the .NET stack. Client name is Agent and Service
> name
> is BookingService.
> *WCF Client*:
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5711830/Agent_-_WCF-ML.svcLog
> Agent_-_WCF-ML.svcLog
> *WCF Service*:
>
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5711830/BookingService_-_WCF-ML.svcLog
> BookingService_-_WCF-ML.svcLog
> All logs from .NET are produces through WCF Logging mechanism. They are a
> bit difficult to read without "Microsoft Service Trace Viewer".
>

> Here are the logs and wsdl file that the STS side sent me:
> *Catalina Log*:
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5711830/catalina.2012-08-01.log
> catalina.2012-08-01.log
> *Logging Properties*:
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5711830/logging.properties
> logging.properties
> *Endpoint configuration*:
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5711830/cxf-transport.xml
> cxf-transport.xml
> *ws-trust-1.4.wsdl*:
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5711830/ws-trust-1.4.wsdl
> ws-trust-1.4.wsdl
> *ws-trust-1.4-service.wsdl*:
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5711830/ws-trust-1.4-service.wsdl
> ws-trust-1.4-service.wsdl
> *FedizSTS Standard Output*:
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5711830/FedizSTS_StandardOutput.txt
> FedizSTS_StandardOutput.txt
>
> NET Client is using the fedizidpsts/TPUT endpoint
>
> Thank you again for your time and efforts

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Re: WS-Trust Version and WCF

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Also, could you attach the WSDL you are using for the Fediz STS?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder