Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Peter Arnold <pa...@paec.cl> on 2015/09/20 19:42:59 UTC

Screen flow broken when adding Product Variant to shopping cart

Hello all,

I am trying to add a product variant to the shopping cart in the front end
store, such as the Open Gizmo from the Large Gizmos category.

When selecting for example the the LGPL variant of the Open Gizmo virtual
product and trying to add it to the cart, the screen flow seems to be broken
and I am getting just a white screen with URL
http://demo-old-ofbiz.apache.org/ecommerce/control/additem

This happen on version 12.04 on the stable demo and as well on the 13.07
stable demo.

One way to avoid that white screen on the 13.07 stable demo is by changing
in the catalog manager -> Stores , Selecting StoreID 9000 under Shopping
Cart the setting "View Cart On Add" from "N" to "Y".

However this approach does not solve the same problem on versions 12.04 and
14.12.

I would appreciate your help on how to avoid that white screen on the 14.12
version.

This might be a bug but before opening a Jira I would appreciate your
comments.

Regards,

Peter

---

RE: Screen flow broken when adding Product Variant to shopping cart

Posted by Peter Arnold <pa...@paec.cl>.
Hello Jaques,

Thank you very much for your response and the Jira. From looking at the other Jira you are mentioning I guess the reason for this unexpected behavior might not be so easy to find. So I am glad you are assisting.

Just in case it is of any relevance: I am using also FireFox.

Kind regards,

Peter

---

Re: Screen flow broken when adding Product Variant to shopping cart

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 20/09/2015 19:42, Peter Arnold a écrit :
> Hello all,
>

> I am trying to add a product variant to the shopping cart in the front end
> store, such as the Open Gizmo from the Large Gizmos category.
>
> When selecting for example the the LGPL variant of the Open Gizmo virtual
> product and trying to add it to the cart, the screen flow seems to be broken
> and I am getting just a white screen with URL
> http://demo-old-ofbiz.apache.org/ecommerce/control/additem
>

> This happen on version 12.04 on the stable demo and as well on the 13.07
> stable demo.
>

> One way to avoid that white screen on the 13.07 stable demo is by changing
> in the catalog manager -> Stores , Selecting StoreID 9000 under Shopping
> Cart the setting "View Cart On Add" from "N" to "Y".

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6650 for this and from the information above it could be related with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6111 though I must say this is only a wide guess for now
(trunk is also concerned)

Jacques