Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Cristiano Ghersi <cr...@abodata.com> on 2012/06/13 12:37:34 UTC

Problem in asynchronous dispatch of message

Good morning.

I'm using ActiveMQ 5.6.0 under OSGi environment.

I'm running an application with several producers and consumers.

Sometimes, one of my producers is freezed while sending a message (please
find attached a print screen of the stacktrace for this call).

Is there a way to prevent such a freeze?

Or better, is there a way to configure ActiveMQ so that it suddenly returns
from the invocation of MessageProducer.send(txt_message) without checking
the availability of broker, etc.?

I'd also like to have a way to discard these messages if broker results
unreachable for too much time.

Let me know how to manage such situation.

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Cristiano Ghersi

Software Engineer

ABODATA

 <ma...@abodata.com> cristiano.ghersi@abodata.com

Tel:    0039 010 3461059

Fax:   0039 010 3462174

RE: Problem in asynchronous dispatch of message

Posted by Cristiano Ghersi <cr...@abodata.com>.
Thanks Gary,
this is exactly what I was searching for!

Is there a proper way to configure broker logging in order to capture the
reason why the call blocks?
Do I need to search in my application logs (I'm using log4j in my
environment ) or is there a custom file for ActiveMQ?
May I check anything with tools like jconsole or similar?

Thank you very much !
Best
Cristiano

and org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory#sendTimeout

Maybe u can post a text version of the stack trace.

Check the broker log for information as to the reason for the blocked call
to send.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Problem in asynchronous dispatch of message

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com