Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Edmar Edilton da Silva <ra...@ic.unicamp.br> on 2000/11/29 13:01:54 UTC

Problem with mod_perl module!!!

    Hi all,

    I have a problem with the Apache::DBI and mod_perl modules that
don't work together, before I thought that the problem was in the
Apache::DBI. But, now I know that the problem is in the mod_perl because
it also doesn't work when I try loading the CGI.pm module in the
"startup.pl file". The conclusion is that when I don't load any module
in the "startup.pl" file the perl scripts are ran correctly, but when I
load some module the child processes (httpds) of the apache are not
created. Thus, when a script is requested the server returns a message
saying that the connection was refused.
Please, could anyone tell me what is happening to the mod_perl module
that doesn't work correctly? How can I know if a perl script is being
ran under mod_perl?
Any help will very appreciated.

            Edmar Edilton da Silva
    Bacharel em Ciência da Computacão - UFV
  Mestrando em Ciência da Computacão - UNICAMP

Re: Problem with mod_perl module!!!

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Edmar Edilton da Silva wrote:

> How can I know if a perl script is being ran under mod_perl?

http://perl.apache.org/guide

73,
Ged.

Re: Problem with mod_perl module!!!

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Edmar Edilton da Silva wrote:

>     I have a problem with the Apache::DBI and mod_perl modules that
> don't work together, before I thought that the problem was in the
> Apache::DBI. But, now I know that the problem is in the mod_perl because
> it also doesn't work when I try loading the CGI.pm module in the
> "startup.pl file". The conclusion is that when I don't load any module
> in the "startup.pl" file the perl scripts are ran correctly, but when I
> load some module the child processes (httpds) of the apache are not
> created. Thus, when a script is requested the server returns a message
> saying that the connection was refused.

Sounds like your server didn't even start. Are you sure you compiled
mod_perl into apache correctly? Check http://perl.apache.org/guide/
for instructions on how to figure that out.

  - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://ask.netcetera.dk/>
more than 70M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>