Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/06/24 06:45:06 UTC

possible memory problems

A few days ago the Forrest website would build fine ('cd site-author; forrest')
using the default memory that we assign to Cocoon.

Now that we added the /docs_0_80/ directory, the build fails for me
with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. It gets through most of the documents
but becomes noticeably slower (5 seconds per html page) then dies.
That is only 100 extra docs, but tips it over the edge.

As recommended by the FAQ, adding to forrest.properties to increase
Cocoon's memory from 64 to 128 is a workaround to enable a proper build.

So how do we find out why this memory issue happens?

I can't see anything useful in the build/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/debug.log

BTW, the ASF Jira seems to have trouble sometimes, so you need to
comment-out the "forrest-issues" entry in site.xml

-David