Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net> on 2005/07/18 21:59:12 UTC

ajax request

Hi!
I have to make ajax request which affect to many components in the page.
For example, consider mail web application. It has list of messages
(data table) and tree of folders(tree). When user clicks on message
which is unread after ajax request we should
1) change style of the corresponding message in data table and image near it
2) decrease amount of unread messages near correspond folder name in tree

I have only one solution now - change corresponding dom elements in java
script after successful ajax response. But in this case I have two
places where I specify how display unread message - in <h:column>
element of the table and in the script. I want avoid this duplication
because  seem such  ajax request  will be  more enough. So it's
desirable to specify  displaying  only in tag <h:column>

But I haven't any idea how to do this ;(
Hope I was clear enough ;)