Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Joshua Spoerri <jo...@yucs.org> on 2002/10/10 04:27:11 UTC

64 bit integers

When i try to use a 64 bit integer, dbix insists on treating it in
numerical context, and changes it to floating point (because perl doesn't
support 64 bit integers, even though mysql does). Is there a known fix for
this? (I'm using DBIx-Recordset-0.24.) Please cc me, since I'm not
subscribed.

Thanks,
Josh

Re: 64 bit integers

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I'm enclosing a script which displays the bug,
> and a gross patch which fixes it.

Thanks for the patch. Looks ok.

> The patch just makes dbix treat bigints as non-numeric.
> Maybe it would be better to use Math::BigInt,
> or transparent bigint in perl5.8?

Useing Math::BigInt would create a dependency that most people don't use. I
didn't have looked at ginint in perl5.8, so I can't say anything about it...

Gerald

Re: 64 bit integers

Posted by Joshua Spoerri <jo...@yucs.org>.

Re: 64 bit integers