Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by CameronL <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 02:31:39 UTC

ExtendedAccessLogValve pattern?

I'm attempting to configure my Tomcat 6 installation to print out a few POST
parameters. I understand that in order to do this, I'll need to configure
the ExtendedAccessLogValve and use the 'x-P(XXX)' field to print out the
parameter I want.

However, when I mix with some fields from the AccessLogValve (%a %v &u,
etc...), all that prints to my access logs are blank lines.  Can you not mix
the different field patterns like this?  I assumed that since
ExtendedAccessLogValve is a subclass of the AccessLogValve, that those
properties would work as well.

RE: ExtendedAccessLogValve pattern?

Posted by CameronL <ca...@gmail.com>.
I decided to dig through the source code myself as well and also found that
this is the case, so thanks.  Not exactly sure why they subclassed this
without inheriting any of that functionality.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.