Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Diaz <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/31 22:56:58 UTC

application scope objects launched by web.xml

In my Tomcat boot sequence (web.xml file) I am
launching a servlet called InitTwc. This servlet
creates and sets the values for an application scope
object called TwcMaxes. I have verified that my
TwcMaxes object is created in the application scope
and its values are set (TwcMaxes.iMaxBookmarks = 3).

However once TOMCAT is done booting and when I go to
reference the value in a JSP page OR in another
servlet the value for TwcMaxes.iMaxBookmarks is 0
(zero).

My guess is that I cannot set values during the
web.xml boot up servlet launch, I hope that's wrong.

Any help is much apprecited. I have been stuck on this
for days =p

Rich Diaz

=====