Posted to users@maven.apache.org by zfnotes <zf...@163.com> on 2013/01/23 19:34:44 UTC

I need a complete antrun:run command for invoking ant-task by its , other than "default-cli".

Experts:

    Here’s my pom.xml config:
        <plugin>
            <version>1.7</version>
            <executions>
                <execution>
                    <id>startupTomcat</id>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>run</goal>
                    </goals>
                    <configuration>
                        <target>
                            <exec dir="${tomcatHome}/logs" executable="${tomcatHome}/bin/startup.bat" />
                        </target>
                    </configuration>
                </execution>
            </executions>
        </plugin>

    So please tell me the complete “mvn antrun:run” command to invoke this <id> of “startupTomcat”?! (without <id> binding, it always failed with "No ant target defined - SKIPPED" )
    I know the trick of <id>default-cli</id>, and for me it is simply not enough!
    Or if you “mvn antrun:run” command does not support <id> binding, please states it clearly, so that I may use <target if/unless> attribute or Maven-Profile!

Thank you!

Zhufei
1/24/2013

Re: I need a complete antrun:run command for invoking ant-task by its , other than "default-cli".

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>         <plugin>
>             <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>             <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>             <version>1.7</version>
>             <executions>
>                 <execution>
                       <phase><!-- needs a lifecycle phase here --></phase>
>                     <id>startupTomcat</id>
>                     <goals>
>                         <goal>run</goal>
>                     </goals>

Generally I'd expect you to have a lifecycle phase defined in the
<execution> and then you'd run "mvn <phase>" and Antrun would be
automatically invoked during that phase to start your Tomcat instance.

If this startpTomcat step is not going to be a regular part of your
build in this project, you can use Maven Profiles instead, but at that
point I think there is no good reason to use Maven at all and you
might as well use Ant directly with its own build.xml etc.

Wayne