Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andreas Jellinghaus <aj...@dungeon.inka.de> on 2004/02/24 01:00:21 UTC

cvs2svn structure

Hi,

I'm sure it was discussed before, but I couldn't find it via the archive
search function. I dumped three parts of my cvs repository into three
different dump files, loaded them and the result is:

htdocs/trunk/*
htdocs/branches/HEAD/*
htdocs/tags/MAIN/*
openct/trunk/*
openct/branches/okir_00/*
openct/branches/RELEASE_0_1_0/*
openct/branches/RELEASE_0_5_0/*
openct/tags/rel_00/*
opensc/trunk/*
opensc/branches/RELEASE_0_6_1_patches/*
opensc/branches/RELEASE_0_8_0/*
opensc/branches/RELEASE_0_8_1/*
opensc/tags/macos/*
opensc/tags/RELEASE_0_4_0/*
opensc/tags/RELEASE_0_5_0/*
opensc/tags/RELEASE_0_6_0/*
opensc/tags/RELEASE_0_6_1/*
opensc/tags/RELEASE_0_7_0/*
opensc/tags/SNAP_20030417/*

but I would prefer trunk/{openct,opensc,htdocs} and
versions/{openct,opensc,htdocs}

a) can I sed branches/ and tags/ to the same directory?
   (as you can see, it wasn't used consistently anyway)
b) can I simply edit the dump files to rename RELEASE_0_5_0 to
	opensc-0.5.0 / openct-0.5.0 ? Would sed be good enough,
        or is there anything special?
c) if all three dump files are created to include the structure
trunk/
trunk/{openct,opensc or htdocs}
etc.
can I simply edit the dump file to remove creating of trunk/ in the
second and third dump file? Is it dangerous to edit those files?
would I need to run svndumpfilter to do something with the version
numbers?

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Andreas

Re: cvs2svn structure

Posted by Andreas Jellinghaus <aj...@dungeon.inka.de>.
On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 09:01, Tobias Ringström wrote:
> >but I would prefer trunk/{openct,opensc,htdocs} and
> >versions/{openct,opensc,htdocs}
> >

> Have you tried the --trunk=PATH, --tags=PATH and --branches=PATH
> cvs2svn.py options?

those don't seem to allow a PATH, but only a directory.
i.e. --trunk=trunk/openct --tags=tags/openct --branches=branches/openct
was not accepted.

Andreas

Re: cvs2svn structure

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm sure it was discussed before, but I couldn't find it via the archive
>search function. I dumped three parts of my cvs repository into three
>different dump files, loaded them and the result is:
>
>[...]
>
>but I would prefer trunk/{openct,opensc,htdocs} and
>versions/{openct,opensc,htdocs}

Have you tried the --trunk=PATH, --tags=PATH and --branches=PATH
cvs2svn.py options?

/Tobias