Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Fabio Da Soghe <fa...@interprosrl.it> on 2003/12/03 17:36:52 UTC

Jdbc task with PostgreSQL and bad/old Torque documentation

Hello.

I've just installed latest binary release of torque (3.1), and I was very
interested in the jdbc ant task (to create an xml database schema from an
existing database via jdbc).

I was quite disappointed to read on the docs that this feature only works
for Oracle: we use extensively PostgreSQL.

I tryed to import an existing database from Oracle and it worked great. Then
I've read on this list that someone else was successful in doing the same
thing with SQL Server, using "dbo" as the schema parameter (the one you
"should" use only with Oracle).

I then tryed several options for the torque.database.schema parameter (of
course the database name didn't work) and at last, using "public" as schema
name, it worked! (note: lower case)

So, if anyone like me wants to use the jdbc task with PostgreSQL, I hope
this will help.

And to the Torque documentation mantainers, am I right thinking the docs are
outdated/wrong or I've missed something?

Anyway, thanks for your hard work, this seems to me a great library for Java
developer and I'm sure we're going to adopt it for all our web projects.

Best regards,

Fabio Da Soghe

Fabio Da Soghe
Interpro srl - Lungo Dora Colletta 129 - 10153 Torino
tel 011 2470106 - fax 011 2470246
email fabio.dasoghe@interprosrl.it

RE: Jdbc task with PostgreSQL and bad/old Torque documentation

Posted by Michael Joseph <mi...@jamwarehouse.com>.
Hi Fabio,

I used torque-gen to create the xml schema from a mysql database without any
hassles:
http://db.apache.org/builds/torque/release/3.1/torque-gen-3.1.tar.gz

hth
michael