Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Marcus Schulz <ms...@polarnetworks.de> on 2020/04/04 20:45:54 UTC

Database setup in IDE

Hello,

I am Marcus JAVA (EE) developer from Germany, got interested in openmeetings and new to this list.
I use Openmeetings for some weeks now and like the concept very much. I decided to take a deeper look and cloned the git repo, maybe I can help developing sth. I am new to wicket,
but I am programming Tomcats and JBoss / Wildflies for about years now.

I installed kurento and imported the project to IntelliJ and everything works  fine so far.

How do I set up the persistence.xml for development? I found the samples in openmeeting-web and a maven profile for mysql for example.
When starting OpenJPA complaints about missing some proper persistence.xml.
When I type the context in a browser, I got notinited, well.. that's right.

Any hints are welcome.

Thank you,

Kind regards

Marcus

Re: Database setup in IDE

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
forget to mention: for debugging I use remote debug
./bin/catalina.sh jpda run

previously I was using jetty for development, but unfortunately it was
unstable, so I moved to Tomcat

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Database setup in IDE

Posted by Marcus Schulz <ms...@polarnetworks.de>.
Hi,

thank you for the long reply. I take a look at it when kids don't put a
lock at me:)

I try the jpda way first.  Maybe I have an idea then.

Have a nice weekend

Marcus

Re: Database setup in IDE

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.