Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/23 21:57:10 UTC

jetty-maven-plugin seems to be looking in wrong places for artifacts

I have a multi-module maven project where the UI is Flex and the
backend is Java using Jetty for server.  I'm using maven-jetty-plugin
to host in Jetty and
it was working with version 6.1.25, i.e. I could run the run/etc goals
in my war maven module.

I have one maven module that creates the swf and another that creates the war.

However now I have upgraded to maven 3.x and Jetty/jetty-maven-plugin
version 7.5.3.v20111011. and now those same goals fail with this
error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project webapp-war-flex: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
com.inc.app:webapp-war-flex:war:4.3-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
com.inc.app:webapp-flex:swf:4.3-SNAPSHOT in nexus
(https://maven.inc.com/nexus/content/groups/public) -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with
the -e switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException

The problem seems to be that the new version of the plugin insists on
finding the swf dependency in the corporate repo which it isn't going
to find because it was not deployed there yet.  However it should not
be looking there as the swf was already assembled in the war.  And for
goals that create the war it should look in my local repo for the swf
before it tries to find it in the corporate repo.

How can I fix this?