Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Lehmacher <ma...@gmx.de> on 2004/11/02 16:27:48 UTC

contained components

Hello everyone,

I wanted to put together a component which reacts to a PropertySelection
javascript onChange event by checking a bunch of several other components
for changes. In order to flexibly allow for a changing number of components
to be checked for changes I thought I'd just wrap my new component
(ChangeWatcher) around those other components. In order to generate some
javascript stuff for the contained components in  ChangeWatcher (which
extends Abstract component) I tried to get access to the contained
components using getComponents() in my renderComponent(...) implementation.
However, getComponents() always returns an empty map which is not what I
have been expecting. So what did I do wrong?

Below is an excerpt of one page using the ChangeWatcher component.

value="ognl:language" />

	<input jwcid="@TextField" value="ognl:subject" size="60"/>
	<textarea jwcid="@TextArea" value="ognl:externalReplyText" rows="6"
cols="60"/>
	<textarea jwcid="@TextArea" value="ognl:internalReplyText" rows="6"
cols="60"/>

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++