Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Roman Artemev <ra...@unipro.ru> on 2014/03/18 09:20:49 UTC

Participate in GSoC 2014

Hi Devs,

I am Roman Artemev and want to participate in GSOC on OpenMeetings
project. There is a very interest task
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-954 related with
develop Android client for OM. I know that OM is a consist of server on
Java and HTML5 client with Flash player for video. But flash player for
Android is so bad and video never will work correctly with it. OM needs
nice mobile client with support of streaming video. I think it will be
cool because i want to try yourself in Android and multimedia.

There is my first draft of proposal
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V8RwF_5p-4EuthwOxwsBKY_NibN7fe3KpggdxD7qv3s/edit?usp=sharing

--
Roman Artemev

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Roman Artemev <ra...@unipro.ru>.
Yes, I have tried use it and sound is not transmitted.

I found this example https://github.com/albancrommer/octo-cam
There is a program to transmit capture and video on Android

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Тимур Тлеукенов <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Probably code from red5sip could be useful for mobile client. If remove
part related to Asterisk communication, it becomes red5 client, which able
to send\receive audio, video and command packages.

--
Timur Tleukenov

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Roman Artemev <ra...@unipro.ru>.
Skype

--
Спасибо

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Roman Artemev <ra...@unipro.ru>.
Nice to hear

Guys thanks for the discussion. I have corrected my proposal. So I think
that video is really very difficult and I can return to it after GSoC,
when I will have more time and experience.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VfZ5QwooXrA2EO00rUNsxAmjZLXHV7z-F9GuRB7VTvk/edit?usp=sharing

On 03/18/2014 08:44 PM, Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> No more rumbling. Good luck. :-)
>

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would remove everything except for
>>
>> 1) authorization
>> 2) audio
>> 3) video
>> 4) room enter
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Roman Artemev <ra...@unipro.ru> wrote:
>>
>>> I have divided to small tasks
>>>
>>> 1. Application draft (authorization and home pages)
>>> 2. Rooms
>>> 3. In rooms: User list
>>> 4. In rooms: Chat
>>> 5. In rooms: Audio

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
No more rumbling. Good luck. :-)

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Roman Artemev <ra...@unipro.ru>.

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I would vote for

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Roman Artemev <ra...@unipro.ru>.

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Roman,

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
@Alexei, it was expected :))

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Participate in GSoC 2014

Posted by Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru>.
Hello, Roman.

Also for Android/iOS devices there is HLS protocol for receiving
audio/video streams.

Red5 do not have native support this protocol, but I found
https://github.com/Red5/red5-hls-plugin
Maybe this is help.

Regards,
Denis KAndrov.