Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/27 22:58:41 UTC

Adding template from management server's local storage

Hello All,

I have used qemu-img tool to convert a vmdk to qcow2 image. I want to add
the image as template to ACS so I can deploy from it and get the VM
migrated to ACS. I have installed httpd on management server and I am able
to start the file at url such as http://hostname/images/test.qcow2 from my
browser. However when I add the template to ACS, under Zone tab, it show
status as Active and Ready as No. It seems, it does not start to download
and install the template. I don't see any error.

I would appreciate if you can help me.

Best Regards

Re: Adding template from management server's local storage

Posted by Suresh Kumar Anaparti <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fariborz,

Are you able to register template from any other host or public templates?
Is the SSVM agent connect up?

Check the management server logs (sample logs below) to verify the download
cmd delegation to SSVM, after *registerTemplate* API call.

*getCommandHostDelegation: class
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.command.DownloadCommandSending command
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.command.DownloadCommand to host:
<host-id>Sending  { Cmd , MgmtId: <MS-Id>, via: 5(s-*-VM), Ver: v1, Flags:
100011, [{"org.apache.cloudstack.storage.command.DownloadCommand...*

Check logs in SSVM to confirm *DownloadCommand* received or not.
Also, Check management server logs post *DownloadCommand* to validate below
steps.
*DownloadAnswer* is expected from the SSVM with In Progress status and
thereafter management server sends *DownloadProgressCommand* in intervals
to check the progress and percentage downloaded.

- Suresh

Posted by Eric Lee Green <er...@gmail.com>.