Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net> on 2015/10/08 16:03:18 UTC

How to launch EjbServer?

Dear List,

I'm new to TomEE so please forgive me if I ask something obvious.

I want to play with remote EJB and created a simple setup:

- TomEE 1.7.2
- 2 Instances (same machine, different ports)
- in 1st instance I deployed an EAR providing a simple EJB
- in 2nd instance I deployed a WAR which tries to access the EJB

Now my problem is that the 1st instance does not open the ejbd port (4201)
and the 2nd one cannot connect.

I created the file 'conf/conf.d/ejbd.properties' with content (the file
was not created automatically):

server      = org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbServer
bind        = 0.0.0.0
port        = 4201
disabled    = false
threads     = 20
discovery   = ejb:ejbd://{bind}:{port}

I also tried to set those properties in conf/system.properties and to pass
them on the commandline (in both cases prefixed with "ejbd."). But no
luck.

In log it seems that EjbServer is not started:

Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.ServiceManager
initServer
INFORMATION: Creating ServerService(id=cxf)
Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.ServiceManager
initServer
INFORMATION: Creating ServerService(id=cxf-rs)
Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.SimpleServiceManager
start
INFORMATION:   ** Bound Services **
Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.SimpleServiceManager
printRow
INFORMATION:   NAME                 IP              PORT
Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.SimpleServiceManager
start
INFORMATION: -------
Okt 08, 2015 4:02:05 PM org.apache.openejb.server.SimpleServiceManager
start
INFORMATION: Ready!

Do I miss a config switch to turn EjbServer on?

Regards,
Christoph

Re: How to launch EjbServer?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
:

> > > openejb.service.manager.class=org.apache.openejb.
> > > >

> > > Wow, that was quick :)
> > >

> > > That leads me to some more questions:
> > >
> > > Is it the preferred way to use remote EJB via HTTP?
> > >

> > depends your need, ejbs is optiomized (performances) where http is built
> in
> > and inherit tomcat configuration (= simpler)
> >

> OK, good to know. I'll keep it in the back of my mind.
>

> > > I read somewhere that I need a tomee webapp deployed for that, has
> this
> > > changed?
> > >

> > this is built-in
> >

> > > Can I create an EJB cluster with HTTP?
> > >

> > Not sure what it exactly means, you can reuse failover with http yes.
> >

> Yes I mean failover and also keeping the server-list up to date with the
> multipoint/multicast techniques.

failover definitively works, multipoint and multicast are by design a bit
different and implies more things (like a port for instance) so it breaks a
bit http design. I would stick with ejbd for them.

Re: How to launch EjbServer?

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.

Re: How to launch EjbServer?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
:

Re: How to launch EjbServer?

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.

Re: How to launch EjbServer?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

by default it is done on http[s]://[host]:[port]/tomee/ejb

to activate ejbd you need to force the service manager impl using in
conf/system.properties: openejb.service.manager.class=org.apache.openejb.
server.SimpleServiceManager

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

: