Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/12/28 15:30:29 UTC

Re: [warning] Wiki being moved

Steven Noels wrote:

> I'm moving the Wiki to its new location on
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/

I'll quit fussing around for now - did some Forrestizing along the way.
I didn't really pay much attention on validity of the generated HTML,
and only checked in Moz1.2 and IE6 on W2K. If anyone has big problems
reading the Wiki, please let me know.

Enjoy,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [warning] Wiki being moved

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Steven Noels" <st...@outerthought.org>
> Steven Noels wrote:
>
> > I'm moving the Wiki to its new location on
> > http://wiki.cocoondev.org/
>
> I'll quit fussing around for now - did some Forrestizing along the way.
> I didn't really pay much attention on validity of the generated HTML,
> and only checked in Moz1.2 and IE6 on W2K. If anyone has big problems
> reading the Wiki, please let me know.

Looks much better.

There is minor problem here in IE6 (with latest updates): after changing the
font size and refreshing a page or returning to it  by Back button the links
in the left menu are of the same color as the background (e.g.:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Struts). Seems like a problem with
CSS (if it's not a local problem).

Btw, the font is larger than it was originally set in Forrest. A smaller
Verdana font, IMHO, looks much better.

Konstantin

Re: [warning] Wiki being moved

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:

>> 2) the left navbar contains a spacer that becomes visible (Moz1.2.1 on
>> W2k) [you might want to change <hr /> with <br />, or tweak the CSS to
>> make the <hr> separator look more evident]
>

> I've seen this too - I hope tweaking the CSS might help, since the
> separator tag itself is generated by the Wiki text parser
> (TranslatorReader) inside JSPWiki.

Fixed most of the other remarks, so I believe.

W.r.t. the <hr>, any CSS assistance is welcome.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [warning] Wiki being moved

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> 1) the text in the search box should be white (now it's blue and there
> is no enough contrast against the background to read it well... also I
> don't think it should be a link)

Messy CSS, I guess. I'll see what I can do.

> 2) the left navbar contains a spacer that becomes visible (Moz1.2.1 on
> W2k) [you might want to change <hr /> with <br />, or tweak the CSS to
> make the <hr> separator look more evident]

I've seen this too - I hope tweaking the CSS might help, since the
separator tag itself is generated by the Wiki text parser
(TranslatorReader) inside JSPWiki.

> 3) I think that it is more pleasent looking if we move the "build with
> apache forrest" bottom from the bottom and place it in the left navbar
> (like below the RSS feeds, for example)

Good idea - I'll try and move (don't want to mess around with JSPWiki
code too much, however).

I have been thinking about mounting some Cocoon Generator on top of the
Wiki text sources, but unfortunately, the JSPWiki back-end isn't easily
wrapped as a Generator due to fuzzy parsing, and much context-awareness,
and the TextFormattingRules [1] are really twisted to _correctly_
implement with Chaperon. They are twisted enough that they are evidently
badly implemented in the JSPWiki itself:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BlocksDefinition contains some
bad enumerations.

_____
[1] http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TextFormattingRules

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [warning] Wiki being moved

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> I'm moving the Wiki to its new location on http://wiki.cocoondev.org/
>

> I'll quit fussing around for now - did some Forrestizing along the way.
> I didn't really pay much attention on validity of the generated HTML,
> and only checked in Moz1.2 and IE6 on W2K. If anyone has big problems
> reading the Wiki, please let me know.

Very nice job!

A couple of things:

1) the text in the search box should be white (now it's blue and there
is no enough contrast against the background to read it well... also I
don't think it should be a link)

2) the left navbar contains a spacer that becomes visible (Moz1.2.1 on
W2k) [you might want to change <hr /> with <br />, or tweak the CSS to
make the <hr> separator look more evident]

3) I think that it is more pleasent looking if we move the "build with
apache forrest" bottom from the bottom and place it in the left navbar
(like below the RSS feeds, for example)

But these are just me being a picky PITA :)

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>