Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "Carnero Iglesias, Javier" <ja...@atos.net> on 2017/02/09 09:39:08 UTC

Question: Modify mesos agent to add custom resources that change dinamically

Hi guys, I’ve posted in StackOverflow a question<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41980462/modify-mesos-agent-to-add-custom-resources-that-change-dinamially> that is not been answered by anyone. I thought to share it with you so maybe I can reach someone who has the answer:

I'm developing a new mesos-slurm framework where jobs from outside mesos can also be pushed to slurm queues.

The mesos agent has a slurm workload manager installed in the same computer that orchestrates jobs in a HPC. This Slurm receive jobs either from the mesos executor as from other methods (for example third-party users sending jobs directly to slurm through ssh).

Therefore I'd like the agent could know, before sending offers to mesos, the state of the slurm queues (number of jobs running and waiting to run), and offer resources accordingly. This cannot be achieved only by knowing the tasks accepted by the executor, as other resources of the HPC could have been taken by third-party users using slurm directly.

In other words what I'd like to do is customize the way the agent know the resources available to offer, to take into account the current state of Slurm queues.

Is this possible? If positive, how could be achieved?

Thanks in advance.

Javier Carnero
Software Architect
Research and Innovation Group
ARI booklet<https://atos.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/atos-ari-2016.pdf>
Atos IT Solutions and Services Iberia SL
javier.carnero@atos.net<https://webmail.it-solutions.atos.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=QkwZpOLmTHM8PW8gbIcfXu2t0uJEmrc8yiPrdGg6qlYN8MdIhuPTCA..&URL=mailto%3afrancisco.nieto%40atos.net>
+34 955 25 41 03

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it.
As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavors to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Este mensaje y los ficheros adjuntos pueden contener información confidencial destinada solamente a la(s) persona(s) mencionadas anteriormente y pueden estar protegidos por secreto profesional.
Si usted recibe este correo electrónico por error, gracias por informar inmediatamente al remitente y destruir el mensaje.
Al no estar asegurada la integridad de este mensaje sobre la red, Atos no se hace responsable por su contenido. Su contenido no constituye ningún compromiso para el grupo Atos, salvo ratificación escrita por ambas partes.
Aunque se esfuerza al máximo por mantener su red libre de virus, el emisor no puede garantizar nada al respecto y no será responsable de cualesquiera daños que puedan resultar de una transmisión de virus.

Re: Question: Modify mesos agent to add custom resources that change dinamically

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
Don't think that's possible today and I cannot think of easy workarounds
for it.