Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ignitebie <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/07 14:39:59 UTC

Runtime error caught during grid runnable execution

Hi,

We tried to do a resiliency test for 7 node grid (where in 2 nodes as cache
servers replicated mode). Whereas failover was transparent from one node to
other node, however, on trying to reconnect first node back, we got
following error and java process seems up after that, however, it is not
appearing no topology details. Any suggestions here.

2016-09-07 15:24:39.790 BST [ERROR] -
thread="exchange-worker-#149%MMEventOrchestratorGrid%" -
class="org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager"
- Runtime error caught during grid runnable execution: GridWorker
[name=partition-exchanger, gridName=MMEventOrchestratorGrid, finished=false,
isCancelled=false, hashCode=662537746, interrupted=false,
runner=exchange-worker-#149%MMEventOrchestratorGrid%]
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.GridDhtPartitionTopologyImpl.updateLocal(GridDhtPartitionTopologyImpl.java:1347)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.GridDhtPartitionTopologyImpl.onEvicted(GridDhtPartitionTopologyImpl.java:1444)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPreloader.onPartitionEvicted(GridDhtPreloader.java:639)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.GridDhtLocalPartition.tryEvictAsync(GridDhtLocalPartition.java:510)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.GridDhtLocalPartition.rent(GridDhtLocalPartition.java:478)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.GridDhtPartitionTopologyImpl.afterExchange(GridDhtPartitionTopologyImpl.java:601)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager$ExchangeWorker.body(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:1353)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:110)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Re: Runtime error caught during grid runnable execution

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you attach the full log file? This NPE usually follows other exception
which is actually the root cause,

-Val

Re: Runtime error caught during grid runnable execution

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

abhijitprusty wrote
> facing same sort of error
>
> 05:52:20,352 SEVERE
> [org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.datastreamer.DataStreamProcessor]
> (grid-data-loader-flusher-#24%null%) Runtime error caught during grid
> runnable execution: GridWorker [name=grid-data-loader-flusher,
> gridName=null, finished=false, isCancelled=false, hashCode=1365461854,
> interrupted=true, runner=grid-data-loader-flusher-#24%null%]:
> java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException
> 	at
> java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantLock$Sync.tryRelease(ReentrantLock.java:151)
> [rt.jar:1.8.0_77]
> 	at
> java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.release(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1261)
> [rt.jar:1.8.0_77]
> 	at
> java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantLock.unlock(ReentrantLock.java:457)
> [rt.jar:1.8.0_77]
> 	at java.util.concurrent.DelayQueue.take(DelayQueue.java:234)
> [rt.jar:1.8.0_77]
> 	at
> org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.datastreamer.DataStreamProcessor$2.body(DataStreamProcessor.java:99)
> 	at
> org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:110)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.8.0_77]

This is a completely different issue, and a weird one. Do you have a
reproduce that you can share with us?

-Val