Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Sean Gilligan <se...@msgilligan.com> on 2006/01/05 10:10:45 UTC

Multi-language ApplicationResources.properties?

Is there a way to have each user of Roller get the Struts UI screens in
the language of his/her configured locale?

Or, if that is not possible, Is there a way to change the
ApplicationResources file used without changing the default locale of
the Tomcat JVM?

Thanks,

Sean

Re: Multi-language ApplicationResources.properties?

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Sean Gilligan wrote:

> Is there a way to have each user of Roller get the Struts UI screens
> in the language of his/her configured locale?

Currently, no, but determining the locale based on either the user's
configured locale or the request headers is an enhancement that I think
we ought to support.

I'm not sure why we don't do this already, and if there are any issues
with it.  This probably deserves some discussion on the roller-dev list.

> Or, if that is not possible, Is there a way to change the
> ApplicationResources file used without changing the default locale of
> the Tomcat JVM?

Well, certainly, you should be able to move the desired
ApplicationResources_<localespec>.properties file into the default
position ApplicationResources.properties (no locale), removing all of
the others.  Also, you could modify the code (essentially one spot) to
use a separately configured locale rather than the JVM default.