Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Lee Saunders <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/22 17:33:21 UTC

How do remote users connect to localhost?

Hello,

I think it's working on localhost (installed okay), but how do remote users
logo on to my room?
The generated URL is for localhost:5080, but  when  I replace localhost
with my IP address, there is no connection.

Thanks,

Lee.

Re: How do remote users connect to localhost?

Posted by Lee Saunders <le...@gmail.com>.
That's good to see.
Thanks Maxim.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lee Saunders <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: How do remote users connect to localhost?

Posted by Lee Saunders <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: How do remote users connect to localhost?

Posted by Lee Saunders <le...@gmail.com>.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Lee Saunders <leesenglishlessons@gmail.com

Posted by Lee Saunders <le...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for helping.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Lee Saunders <leesenglishlessons@gmail.com

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: How do remote users connect to localhost?

Posted by Lee Saunders <le...@gmail.com>.
Hello Alvaro,

Adding the IP address blocked myself from accessing the rooms. 'Missing'
errors when the first page loads.
I think there are still problems because when I double click Red5.bat,
there are errors of omitted common frames, whatever they are.

Thanks anyway.

Posted by Lee Saunders <le...@gmail.com>.
Does this actually work on Windows 7 (x64)? I've spent all day on this
3-step install.
After adding the connector into the lib folder for My SQL, nothing works.
Tomcat error 'HTTP 500'.

-----
Red5 startup
-----
... 36 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1714) ~[tomcat-embed-core-jar-7.0.34.jar:7.0.34]
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1559) ~[tomcat-embed-core-jar-7.0.34.jar:7.0.34]
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createConnectionFactory(Basic
DataSource.java:1420) ~[commons-dbcp-jar-1.4.jar:1.4]
        ... 41 common frames omitted
------

Could someone please direct me to clear instructions on how to install this
thing?
Thank you,

Lee.

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.