Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Nachbaur <MN...@rei.com> on 2000/06/01 18:49:12 UTC

[OT] App Release Naming Convention

This is probably flamebait, but I don't know where to go for this question.

What kind of release naming convention would you reccomend?  Something like Debians' "Potatoe", or RedHats' "Hedwig" et al.

So, I'm working on a proposal for an application, and I have several (widely diverse) possibilities, that will be similar in some ways.  I don't want the "suits" to get all bent out of shape 'cause I keep refering to "Proposal A and C, but not B"...they'll loose it.  So, I wanted to assign real names to the proposals that have nothing to do with the application.

So, lets hear it.  Any ideas for a naming convention?

-man