Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dustin Cote <du...@confluent.io> on 2016/06/06 19:03:18 UTC

Re: Brokers changing mtime on data files during startup?

For those that have seen this issue on 0.9, can you provide some more
insight into your environments?  What OS and filesystem are you running?
Do you find that you can reproduce the behavior with a simple java program
that creates a file, writes to it, waits for a few minutes, then closes the
file?  The code for closing the log segments on shutdown should be doing
nothing more than closing the file, so it would be good to see if we can
flesh out the environmental details a bit.  I have not been able to
reproduce this issue on multiple OS's using ext4 and XFS.

--
Dustin Cote
confluent.io

Re: Brokers changing mtime on data files during startup?

Posted by Andrew Otto <ot...@wikimedia.org>.
Indeed!  Just made one.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-3802

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.