Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Arcadius Ahouansou <ar...@menelic.com> on 2011/08/15 12:11:36 UTC

Migration from Autonomy IDOL to SOLR

Hello.

We have a couple of application running on half a dozen Autonomy IDOL
servers.
Currently, all feature we need are supported by Solr.

We have done some internal testing and realized that SOLR would do a better
job.

So, we are investigation all possibilities for a smooth migration from IDOL
to SOLR.

I am looking for advice from people who went through something similar.

Ideally, we would like to keep most of our legacy code unchanged and have a
kind of query-translation-layer plugged into our app if possible.

-Is there lib available?

-Any thought?

Thanks.

Arcadius.

Re: Migration from Autonomy IDOL to SOLR

Posted by Arcadius Ahouansou <ar...@menelic.com>.
Hello Karsten.
>From the doc you provided, it seems the two are totally different products.

I thought a bit about it and it seems that the best aproach would be to:

1-refactor our app and add an abstraction layer that will call the IDOL ACI
API.
Make sure we have good tests in place.

2-implement a "solr-dialect" for the abstraction layer that we can switch on
or off in config.

Thanks.

Arcadius.

Posted by ka...@gmx.de.

Posted by Alexei Martchenko <al...@superdownloads.com.br>.
Yea sorry for not helping much, but while I was comparing solr to verity
i've found several docs specific for users having trouble migrating from
verity to solr. They might not be api-specific but give some clue.

Posted by Arcadius Ahouansou <ar...@menelic.com>.
Hi Alexei.

Posted by Alexei Martchenko <al...@superdownloads.com.br>.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Thanks for posting this.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by abouahmad <ab...@rocketmail.com>.
Hello

This company has what you need : http://www.whitesources.com
They have tools to ease the migration from IDOL to SOLR.

Good luck
Abou