Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1997/12/23 16:45:19 UTC

ap_ routines

I'd like to propose the addition of (the correct ;) ) ap_strncpy()
as well as the move of ap_snprintf() over to libap... IMO,
this makes sense.

votes?

Re: ap_ routines

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Tue, 23 Dec 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to propose the addition of (the correct ;) ) ap_strncpy()
> > as well as the move of ap_snprintf() over to libap... IMO,
> > this makes sense.
> >
> > votes?

+1, except as I stated I'd like it to be called ap_copystr or something...
the semantics are wildly different than strncpy().  Whereas ap_snprintf()
is at least close to spec... with that patch I posted recently.

> +1
>
> I would have done it as part of Phase II, except that (as I noted
> at the time) the ap_snprintf.* files are all tangled up in the Win32
> makefiles/scripts/project files/whatever those wretched things are.
> Without experience on an NT development system, I wasn't about to
> hazard this - I didn't want to go shooting Ben's and Paul's feet off
> without endangering my own. <g>

Oh I just always break things then they commit patches to fix them :)

Dean

Re: ap_ routines

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I'd like to propose the addition of (the correct ;) ) ap_strncpy()
> as well as the move of ap_snprintf() over to libap... IMO,
> this makes sense.
>
> votes?

+1

I would have done it as part of Phase II, except that (as I noted
at the time) the ap_snprintf.* files are all tangled up in the Win32
makefiles/scripts/project files/whatever those wretched things are.
Without experience on an NT development system, I wasn't about to
hazard this - I didn't want to go shooting Ben's and Paul's feet off
without endangering my own. <g>

ap_strncpy() should be a completely new and separate issue, IMHO.

#ken	P-)}