Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Benn Mapes <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/01 06:15:03 UTC

Re: Naming: cordova-2.8.0.js --> cordova.js

+1 for sure....

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Gotcha - this is exactly what cordova-cli does :).

Posted by Jeffrey Heifetz <jh...@blackberry.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
Jeff, thanks for the valuable recap!

That is exactly the difference I was talking about. I would propose that
> instead of native placing the file there, we just make it a final part of
> the build step. Just as we've done with other CLI tasks, make a micro
> cordova script to do it, and have it called right before build.

It would be fantastic to move the script injection logic out of the CLI and
into the project build step. It would be really nice if we could:

1) Add cordova.js to www/
2) Add the script reference to each HTML file.

Doing this at build-time helps remove the dynamic injection issues of
WebView API support and race-conditions.

Michael

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Jeffrey Heifetz <jh...@blackberry.com>.

Posted by Giorgio Natili <g....@gnstudio.com>.