Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Yuan <ju...@pan.as.utexas.edu> on 2000/03/10 09:23:24 UTC

to mount tomcat / to apache /

Hi folks,

I have setup my apache + tomcat server and it works great! But I can not
figure out a way to mount the tomcat / to the apache / in the ApJServMount
command ...

If I tell server.xml that the "/" is "/webpages", it will come up
correctly when I do "http://host:8080/" (8080 is the tomcat service port
on my computer). But if I do "ApJServMount / /root", the "http://host/"
would still return the "index.html" at apache htdocs directory.

Is there a simple way to mount the tomcat / to apache's / ?

Thanks
Michael

Re: to mount tomcat / to apache /

Posted by Geoff Soutter <ge...@whitewolf.com.au>.
hmm, yes you can use mod_rewrite, but isn't that cheating?

I haven't looked at tomcat source for a while, but this feature (mapping to
/) was pretty broken for standalone 3.0. Hopefully it's fixed for 3.1
(costin?)

As for working with mod_jserv, I remember mod_jserv + jserv didn't support
mapping to /. I wonder if mod_jserv + tomcat does?

geoff

Posted by Hannes Wallnöfer <ha...@helma.at>.