Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Giovanni Azua <br...@swissonline.ch> on 2009/02/17 14:11:21 UTC

user friendly assemblies

Hi,

What would be the optimal download distribution of assembled deliveries in a
multi-module project e.g.

Sub-module A
Sub-module A
Sub-module A
Sub-module A Sub-module A

Re: user friendly assemblies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> on top of this have separation between binaries and sources ... I would like
> to go for the less confusing for users.

What did your users say would be easiest for them when you asked?

Wayne

RE: user friendly assemblies

Posted by Giovanni Azua <br...@swissonline.ch>.
Sorry pressed the send button by mistake.

Hi,

What would be the optimal download distribution of assembled deliveries in a
multi-module project e.g.

Sub-module A
Sub-module B depends on A
Sub-module C depends on B
Sub-module D depends on C
etc

distribute for download all jars by themselves or/and
distribute for download cumulative assemblies e.g. distribute C including B
and A or
distribute for download separate assemblies e.g. distribute C without its
dependencies

on top of this have separation between binaries and sources ... I would like
to go for the less confusing for users.

TIA,
Regards,
Giovanni