Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com> on 2002/05/29 23:03:41 UTC

hsqldb - how do I get rid of this error message (and turn off hsqldb)

List,

Is there some comprehensive DB configure doc for C2?  I've looked
throught the listserv but its very piecemeal (sp?).  I keep getting this
error from tomcat:

Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:405)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:170)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:82)
        at org.hsqldb.Server.run(Server.java:131)
        at org.hsqldb.Server.main(Server.java:78)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:101)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3

help appreciated.

Dan

Re: PostgreSQL won't work - any ideas appreciated

Posted by Kenny Chow <ky...@yahoo.com>.
Are you referring to this error, AbstractMethodError
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source) ? If so, I am sorry for reponding to the wrong
thread.

--- daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com> wrote:
> Kenny,
>
> Thanks for the response but I have no idea what you
> mean by "two resources"
> could you explain?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan
>
> Kenny Chow wrote:
>
> > If I understand it correctly, there should be two
> > resources are configured to bind to the same
> address.
> >
> > So look for that. Just an idea.
> >
> > --- daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com> wrote:
> > > Anyone,
> > >
> > > I would appreciate help on this from anyone -
> I've
> > > tried all suggestions -- error
> > > messages are below - Please note that I've
> already
> > > tried:
> > >
> > > snip...
> > > * Add a <driver>org.postgresql.Driver</driver>
> > > element into your <jdbc/>
> > > config (under the <dburl/> element is good).
> > > ...snip
> > >
> > > as suggested by Berin.
> > >
> > > Once I get this figured out I PROMISE TO CREATE
> > > DOCUMENTATION :)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Dan

> putting
> > > the jar file in
> > > cocoon doesn't have access
> > > though it is supposed to.

> > > post the error message.

> error
> > > has gone away - but I can't

> > > cocoon.xconf:

> > > org.postresql.Driver) is in Tomcat/common/lib
> and
> > > within PostgreSQL.

> cocoon.xconf,
> > > unless you really need it.

> doc
> > > for C2?  I've looked
> piecemeal
> > > (sp?).  I keep getting this

> > > /localhost/cocoon/resources/entities/catalog
> > > Address in use: JVM_Bind
> > > JVM_Bind
> > > java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native
> Method)

java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:405)

> java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:170)
> > >
> java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:82)
> > > org.hsqldb.Server.run(Server.java:131)
> > > org.hsqldb.Server.main(Server.java:78)
> > > >

>>>org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:101)
> > > java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

> > > <co...@xml.apache.org>
> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > > <co...@xml.apache.org>

> > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

> <co...@xml.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> <co...@xml.apache.org>

> <co...@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <co...@xml.apache.org>

=== message truncated ===

Posted by daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com>.
Kenny,

Posted by Kenny Chow <ky...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com>.
Anyone,

Re: hsqldb - how do I get rid of this error message (and turn off hsqldb)

Posted by daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com>.
That didn't work:

Here is the error:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source)

Thanks

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.

Posted by daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com>.
did both things, moved jar and added <driver> into cocoon.xconf.  No
change.  Logs look pretty clean - there is a retrieval of jdbc connection
and release ok   There are a bunch of msgs to do with the parsing and
executing of the SQL.  Nothing alarming.

???

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Posted by daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com>.
Ok,