Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Season of Docs <se...@google.com.INVALID> on 2020/07/10 01:33:41 UTC

Season of Docs 2020 Proposal for Apache Flink (Tom Smith)

Below is a project proposal from a technical writer (bcc'd) who wants to
work with your organization on a Season of Docs project. Please assess the
proposal and ensure that you have a mentor to work with the technical
writer.

If you want to accept the proposal, please submit the technical writing
project to the Season of Docs program administrators. The project selection
form is at this link: <https://bit.ly/gsod-tw-projectselection>. The form
is also available in the guide for organization administrators
<https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/admin-guide#tech-writer-application-phase>.

The deadline for project selections is July 31, 2020 at 20:00 UTC. For
other program deadlines, please see the full timeline
<https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/timeline> on the Season
of Docs website.

If you have any questions about the program, please email the Season of
Docs team at season-of-docs-support@googlegroups.com.

Best,
The Google Season of Docs team

Title: Extend the Table API & SQL Documentation Project length: Standard
length (3 months)
Writer information *Name:* Tom Smith
*Email:* amansingal6@gmail.com

Writing experience: Experience 1:
*Title:* Wrote documentation for college society event, which was attended
by more than 100+ students.
*Date:* Aug 2017 - Present
started writing for my school newspaper and annual magazine, to start
writing technical documentation for college society, because of great
experience, I am writing as technical writer
*Summary:* Recently, I have published my article on medium
https://medium.com/@amansingal6/angular-vs-react-vs-vue-149cc8bd9dc3

Project Description Motivation:
The motivation behind selecting and contributing towards Apache Flink is
the large community and Ideology behind it. Contributing to Apache Flink
will help me learn more about it and its unique feature apart from this one
of the other major reason is to create a well-defined structured
documentation, so that it can help tens of thousands of users and creating
a little better place for everyone.

Project Description:
I’ll be working on creating documentation for How to create new workflows
easily and effectively. There are some of the steps involved in workflows
which are -
1. Read
2. Pre processing
3. Processing
4. Post processing
5. Save/Action
6. Monitoring
Each step can involve multiple tasks and multitude of actions can be taken
after each step such as aborting the job if 2 or more tasks fail in a stage
or re run a task if it fails for at least 2 times.

Template
This is one of the templates that can be used for the documentation. It can
be modified and new sections can be added according to the requirements of
the document.

$projectName/Library Name
--------
In this section, I will give background information of the library,
what does this library use, on what languages and framework it is based on,
what are the dependencies of this library/project where it will be used

Features
--------
I will add features of the project here like
- this library creates connection between server and client
- Make things faster

Installation
------------
In this section I will add the installation procedure and dependencies that
needs to be installed.
Install $project by running:
install project

Contribute
----------
For the contributors, I will add this section in documentation.
- Issue Tracker: github.com/$project/$project/issues
- Source Code: github.com/$project/$project

Support
-------
This section can also be added
If you are having issues, please let us know.

Time Commitment
I will give 40+ hours a week but in case of any mishap, I will compensate
those hours on weekends. I will keep my mentor up to date about my work;
will share my work details via email to my mentor.

About me:
As a person, I always put my best foot forward to help others. During
school and college days, I would explain some topics to my friends after
understanding those topics myself. Taking part in GSoD is a splendid step
through which I, as a writer, can contribute to making this open-source
community more engaging and helpful for new and existing users all around
the world.

Future Plans:
My future plans are very clear, after GSoD’20. I will keep contributing to
the organization in other projects too. I will try to make it perfect in
all aspects from the documentation perspective to the architecture
perspective. I will surely attend any meeting of the organization if I ever
get a chance.

Terms & Conditions:
I solemnly agree that I will work in the same way that I have explained
above and in case of any miscarriage, I will be held accountable. I
understand the dedication required for this project; I assure you that I am
dedicating my whole season for this project so that I can provide the best
work.
{{EXTRA16}} {{EXTRA17}}