Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/08/17 04:05:19 UTC

Re: problem of extracting IP string from header (bug?)

Re: problem of extracting IP string from header (bug?)

Posted by mouss <us...@free.fr>.
Justin Mason a écrit :

>Hi --
>
>unfortunately the space is required, and appears in the output from the
>MTAs that I'm aware of.  It appears that the "nifty.com" mailserver is
>producing unusual headers there.

The code may however be modified to account for such things, I think.
because uncoformant or not, this doesn't seem hard to parse. but I may
be missing something of course.

Re: problem of extracting IP string from header (bug?)

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> unfortunately the space is required, and appears in the output from the
> MTAs that I'm aware of.  It appears that the "nifty.com" mailserver is
> producing unusual headers there.

Justin, this sounds very similar to the (I believe bz) report a few days ago
where someone suggested spammers may be doing this deliberately in faked
received headers.

        Loren

Re: problem of extracting IP string from header (bug?)

Posted by MATSUDA Yoh-ichi <yo...@flcl.org>.
Hi, all.

From: jm@jmason.org (Justin Mason)
Subject: Re: problem of extracting IP string from header (bug?)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:05:19 -0700

> > For example, below header string, SA failed to execute DNSBLs.

> > | 	Wed, 17 Aug 2005 03:55:36 +0900
> >
> > But, below header string, SA succeeded to execute DNSBLs.

> > | 	Wed, 17 Aug 2005 03:55:36 +0900
> >
> > Yes, it's simply inserting a whitespace between IP str and 'by ...'.
> >
> > It seems to be a bug of SA 3.0.4.
> > Has the problem been solved in 3.1.0-rc1?
> > My LinuxBox is debian sarge, and it's not still released 3.1.0-rc1
> > debian package, so I can't test it on rc1.
>
> Hi --
>
> unfortunately the space is required, and appears in the output from the
> MTAs that I'm aware of.  It appears that the "nifty.com" mailserver is
> producing unusual headers there.

Justin-san, thanks your quickly reply.

I understood.

So, I have more questions.

Is it not a bug? Specification?
Does nifty.com's MTA work wrong?
Do I have to insert a whitespace procedure (ex. formail or sed) in
~/.procmailrc ?
--
Nothing but a peace sign.
Yoh-ichi MATSUDA(yoh)