Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by au...@vectorsoftware.ro on 2009/04/03 11:38:47 UTC

Trinidad : mobile development

Hi,
I would know about implementation status of rendering chart component on mobile browsers . In user's guide section about chart component it says only browsers on PC's are supported.
What is the status of extending trinidad support to mobile browsers? Do you know more about status of activity on http://mobilejsf.dev.java.net?
Many thanks,
Aurel

Re: Trinidad : mobile development

Posted by au...@vectorsoftware.ro.
Hi Matthias,
I am glad to do volunteering - I am sure this will helping me a lot . Please tell me more exactly what I must do.
I understand trinidad generates SVG for doing charts . In what classes it makes this?
Aurel

> > I would know about implementation status of rendering chart component on mobile browsers . In user's guide section about chart component it says only browsers on PC's are supported.
> > What is the status of extending trinidad support to mobile browsers? Do you know more about status of activity on http://mobilejsf.dev.java.net?
> > Many thanks,
> > Aurel
> >

> --
> Matthias Wessendorf

Re: Trinidad : mobile development

Posted by au...@vectorsoftware.ro.
Hi,

Thank you Tadashi for your thoughts . Of course I am not thinking at static charts - based on image ; download time it will be too big .
I am thinking a JSF implementation must generate code for a few types , most used, browsers ( it would not possible to support all browser types as is missing standardization)
SVG would be one of  graphics type . Because there is standardization (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVGMobile-20030114/ and http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PR-SVGTiny12-20081117/)
And the last one is one of the most promising open standard for mobile devices
What are you thinking?
Many thanks,
Aurel

Posted by Tadashi Enomori <ta...@oracle.com>.