Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by sharmila punde <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/22 10:56:58 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.28, jsp-api.jar EL not working

Dear All,
    In my jsp, EL is considered as plain text into translated .java file.
Even i tried putting jsp-api.jar into the /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_16/jre/lib/ext. But in vain.
<el-ignored>false<el-ignored> is there into web.xml. What is the problem, can someone please explain me about this? Do i have to download tomcat again? Do you think files are corrupted?
Thanks
Regards

Re: Tomcat 5.5.28, jsp-api.jar EL not working

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2010/1/22 sharmila punde <sh...@yahoo.com>:
> Dear All,
>    In my jsp, EL is considered as plain text into translated .java file.

Probably your web.xml does not say that it conforms to the version 2.4
of the Servlet spec.  Look at the first lines of that file.

Here is how it looks in a correct file (copied from the examples webapp):

    version="2.4">

> Even i tried putting jsp-api.jar into the /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_16/jre/lib/ext.

Please, do not forget to remove it from there.

> But in vain.
> <el-ignored>false<el-ignored> is there into web.xml. What is the problem, can someone please explain me about this? Do i have to download tomcat again? Do you think files are corrupted?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko