Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by David Coleman <da...@hotmail.com> on 2012/04/10 18:49:35 UTC

Introduction

Hello group,

Sorry for just jumping into the discussions like this, but I found the information for this list and I couldn't wait to get involved.

My name is David Kenneth Coleman.  I'm 33 years old, and I've been developing with flex and actionscript for nearly 5 years.

I was super excited when Flex got released to incubation on Apache, since I have always wanted to be involved in the actual coding of this technology.  I see great potential for the Flex framework and the Actionscript language, even despite the largely perceived and not quite real "threat" of HTML5.

I believe that people like us can take this sdk and framework to a whole new level that Adobe was unable to achieve due to it not being a fully open project.

In short I hope to earn the respect of each and every one of you all here and look forward to joining you as a committing contributor to this project.

Warm regards,
David Coleman

Re: Introduction

Posted by Tony Constantinides <co...@gmail.com>.
A very warm welcome David,
 I am sure you make a great contribution and I know we are looking forward
for all talented developers to take part in this framework, especially
developers with your level of expertise
  For most of us its the long waiting to get all the parts of flex from its
previous owners and passed the legal department has been the most
challenging. As this comes to an end I am hoping engineers can step up and
take this framework far. IMHO the clock is ticking and the window is
opportunity is slowly fading. The next 3 to 6 months is most critical. Just
being honest.
Sincerely yours,
 Tony Constantinides
Flash/Flex for the last 6 years