Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Marcel's List Box <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/02 15:03:14 UTC

Configuration of "MyLogger Logger" using default log4j properties

Hi

I've written an extension on Logger, MyLogger, which wraps log4j's
Logger (not subclasses it because of all the issue's Ceki has
mentioned).

All configuration until now is done with standard log4j.properties.
This is read by Log4j's built-in searching mechanism.

I now want to add my own property to this file, and have it available
for me in the wrapping MyLogger class. I can of course read it again
using getResource() but that costs quitte a lot since it is already
loaded by logger itself.

Is there a way to access the loaded properties?

Thanks,
- Marcel