Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@opentechnet.com> on 2003/04/03 19:44:34 UTC

Stylesheets in maven

    I'm generating docs for my projects, and have noticed a drawback in
the current mechanism for stylesheet mangement. If you want to change
some colors in your document you may specify some properties in your
project.properties to change those colors. That's fine.

    Let's say you now want to change completely the appearance of the
site, you may create your own maven.css that will be copied as is to the
stylesheet directory. That's fine too.

    But I wanted to be able to change some properties and keep using
maven.css while adding some more properties for hand generated
documentation (requirements, analysis, those kind of docs). Maven
doesn't let you do this. I have fixed just adding two lines to site.jsl:

        <j:set var="tigrisCss" value='"${relativePath}/style/tigris.css"'/>
        <j:set var="mavenCss" value='"${relativePath}/style/maven.css"'/>
        <j:set var="projectCss"
value='"${relativePath}/style/project.css"'/>    <- line added
          @import url(${tigrisCss});
          @import url(${mavenCss});
          @import
url(${projectCss});                                            <- line added
        ]]></style>

    The idea is just having a project stylesheet if you want to keep
using maven.css, but add something to the standard stylesheets for your
own documents. Do you think this is a good idea? In that case, could it
get to the next release?

    Regards
    Jose