Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stormy <st...@stormy.ca> on 2015/06/02 15:41:14 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Web app works with Apache Server (1.3.20) on some but not all identically configured PCs

At 12:20 PM 6/2/2015 +0000, Hessel, Carl wrote:
[snip]
>[Tue May 12 09:31:00 2015] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
>script headers: c:/program files/apache
>group/apache/cgi-bin/promptforuserinitials.cgi
>
>[Tue May 12 09:31:00 2015] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
>Can't open perl script "c:\program": No such file or directory
                          ^^^^^^^^^^

Windows or *nix?

Paul

Re: [users@httpd] Web app works with Apache Server (1.3.20) on some but not all identically configured PCs

Posted by pradeepkumar tanguturi <pt...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Paul,
I am using Linux below are u limits.

LimitRequestBody 5242880
LimitRequestFields 40
LimitRequestFieldSize 4094
LimitRequestLine  500
Kumar

Posted by Kurtis Rader <kr...@skepticism.us>.
On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 8:50 AM, Hessel, Carl <Ca...@subcom.com> wrote:

> Hi Kurt, Paul,
>
> Yes. I grappled with all that awhile back but every idea I think of always
> leads back to the question, why does the application run fine on some
> machines where my code/syntax and everything else are identical? Thank you
> both for responding.

Isn't the answer obvious? The machines are not identically configured. If
the software has been confirmed to be identical then I would assume a
configuration setting is different at either the OS or application level.
Just because the machines are managed by your corporate IT is no guarantee
they're identical.

Where does the "Can't open perl script" error come from? The Apache web
server? If so it might help if you showed us the httpd.conf config
directives relevant to running CGI programs.

Quoting is especially problematic on MS-Windows due to how CLI arguments
are parsed. I strongly recommend using only forward slashes in file paths
whenever possible and never mix forward and back slashes as path separators.

P.S., This type of problem is a good example of why you want to avoid
"shelling out" to an external program whenever possible.

--
Kurtis Rader

RE: [users@httpd] Web app works with Apache Server (1.3.20) on some but not all identically configured PCs

Posted by "Hessel, Carl" <Ca...@subcom.com>.
Hi Kurt, Paul,

Yes. I grappled with all that awhile back but every idea I think of always leads back to the question, why does the application run fine on some machines where my code/syntax and everything else are identical? Thank you both for responding.

Carl Hessel
End User Documentation (EUD) Technical Consultant
TE Subsea Communications

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the exclusive use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed or copied. The information contained hereinafter may be proprietary, confidential, privileged, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the addressee(s) of this e-mail is/are not the intended recipient(s) or agent(s) responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient(s), the addressee is hereby put on notice that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If the addressee has received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.

Posted by Stormy <st...@stormy.ca>.