Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Nomamoto, Satoshi" <s....@jp.fujitsu.com> on 2015/06/23 00:49:53 UTC

iframe history.back() issues in Cordova app (iOS)

Hi guys

I am developing the application of Android and iOS by using Cordova.

Page structure is as follows.
Page A (w/o iframe)
Page B (w/ iframe)

Transitions
Page A --> Page B (forward)
Page A <-- Page B (backward by history.back())

iframe displays external web page.
When it goes back to Page A(w/o iframe) from Page B(w/ iframe), i have to call hisotory.back() twice.
However, Android app build by same javascript source only has to call history.back() once.
In addition, a similar problem does not occur when native WebVIew(UIWebView) of iOS is used.

Is this a Cordova(iOS) spec or bug?

Versions
Cordova 4.2 (iOS Platform 3.8.0)
iOS 8.3

Same question on StackOverflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30973368/iframe-history-back-issues-in-cordova-app-ios

Best regards,
Satoshi NOMAMOTO

Re: iframe history.back() issues in Cordova app (iOS)

Posted by Joerg Holz <ho...@hamburg.de>.
This is the list for cordova developers, not for cordova-end developers.

I wrote you a first comment on stackoverflow.

Joerg

> Am 23.06.2015 um 00:49 schrieb Nomamoto, Satoshi <s....@jp.fujitsu.com>:
>
> Hi guys
>
> I am developing the application of Android and iOS by using Cordova.
>
> Page structure is as follows.
> Page A (w/o iframe)
> Page B (w/ iframe)
>
> Transitions
> Page A --> Page B (forward)
> Page A <-- Page B (backward by history.back())
>
> iframe displays external web page.
> When it goes back to Page A(w/o iframe) from Page B(w/ iframe), i have to call hisotory.back() twice.
> However, Android app build by same javascript source only has to call history.back() once.
> In addition, a similar problem does not occur when native WebVIew(UIWebView) of iOS is used.
>
> Is this a Cordova(iOS) spec or bug?
>
> Versions
> Cordova 4.2 (iOS Platform 3.8.0)
> iOS 8.3