Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Tsutomu Uchino <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/30 21:06:00 UTC

A few words should not be translated in officecfg?

Hi

I translated UI and help strings to Japanese and tried to build with them.
With translated registry files, I got general error during the start
up of the office
and could not be started.

It seems, the problem was caused by translated boolean value in the
configuration file.
The followoing values should keep original "true" string (or false?):

-  Common.xcu#..Common.View.Localisation.AutoMnemonic.value.text
-  Writer.xcu#..Writer.Insert.Caption.CaptionOrderNumberingFirst.value.text

You can find them using search function with position option enabled
on the pootle.

These values are defined in the following configuration.

/org.openoffice.Office.Common/View/Localisation/AutoMnemonic has
oor:localized="true" flag.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcs?revision=1479829&view=markup#l2755

/org.openoffice.Office.Writer/Insert/Caption/CaptionOrderNumberingFirst
(because of the value has xml:lang attribute?)
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Writer.xcs?revision=1432664&view=markup#l2808
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Writer.xcu?revision=1465678&view=markup#l53

Maybe DialogScale property should be keep numerical value, its sibling
of AutoMnemonic property.

Regards

Re: A few words should not be translated in officecfg?

Posted by Tsutomu Uchino <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2013/6/2, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>:
> On 30/05/2013 Tsutomu Uchino wrote:
>> I translated UI and help strings to Japanese and tried to build with
>> them.
>> With translated registry files, I got general error during the start
>> up of the office and could not be started.
>> It seems, the problem was caused by translated boolean value in the
>> configuration file.
>
> So, in short, we have a few literal "true" and "false" in the PO files
> and on Pootle that should be left as they are since they could cause a
> startup crash in the localized version, right?
Yes, that's right.

> Since they already slipped into the PO files and Pootle it would be
> better to sanitize them when Juergen imports the 4.0 translations, if
> feasible.
>
> But any patches that mark these strings as "not to be translated" are
> welcome too, so that we avoid the risk in future.
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

Regards
- Tsutomu

Re: A few words should not be translated in officecfg?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.