Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chi Tong <aa...@aol.com> on 2003/08/15 09:22:18 UTC

JK2 runtime reconfig and graceful shutdown config example?

Hi,

I tried to use the JK2 graceful shutdown feature through runtime
reconfig but my setup failed to work. Anyone has a working example?

My setup has Apache 2.0.47 and 2 instances of Tomcat 4.1.24 on Solaris
8. JK2 connector was used to load balance between the 2 Tomcat servers
through socket channel. This setup worked fine with load balancing and
sticky session.

Then I tried to set graceful=1 and version=1 in one of the channel
inside the worker2.properties file. By reloading the jkstatus page, the
ver attribute on the page was incremented. However at this point, I'm
not sure whether the runtime reconfiguration is effective or not because
when I tried to send new request to the Apache 2 server, the new request
was still sending to the Tomcat server where graceful=1 was set in that
channel. Also there was no indication of graceful=1 and version=1 being
picked up other than ver attribute was updated on the status page. The
runtime reconfig and/or graceful shutdown seemed not working in my setup.

Anybody knows what else I can try or has experience setting up JK2
runtime reconfig and graceful shutdown successfully?

Thanks,
ct