Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/10/25 11:55:24 UTC

[VOTE] Apache POI 5.1.0 release (RC2)

Hi everyone,

I've prepared artifacts for the release of Apache POI 5.1.0 (RC2).

The most notable changes in this release are:

* upgrade dependencies: XmlBeans 5.0.2, XMLSec 2.2.3, Batik 1.14, BouncyCastle 1.69, Commons-Compress 1.21, ...
* switching build to Gradle - Ant build is not supported anymore [#65206]
* XSLFTable::addRow functionality reverted to pre-5.0.0 [github-221]
* XSSFDrawing - import chart from other drawing [#63901]
* Support for Excel functions IFS, SWITCH, TEXTJOIN, IFNA, MAXIFS, MINIFS, AVERAGEIFS, TDIST
* Fix SVG-related image rendering

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/5.1.0-RC2/

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/poi/

Things to check:
According to Stackoverflow there were some problems with JPMS and XmlBeans -
so maybe check for potential problems there.

Please vote to release the artifacts.
The vote keeps open until November 1, 2021 (23:00 UTC)
Planned release announcement date is November 3, 2021.

Here is my +1

The SVN repo is open again. Can we avoid major changes until this vote succeeds or starts getting -1s.

PJ

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 5.1.0 release (RC2)

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi PJ,

thank you for your hard work in this release!

Here is my +1 and those are my 2 cents:

JPMS execution looks good from my side - I've added an instruction to http://poi.apache.org/components/slideshow/ppt-wmf-emf-renderer.html
So basically xml-apis-1.4.01.jar needs to be excluded for Java11+ and batik-script.jar be modified

build.javacheck.xml seems to be a left-over in the src zip/tgz

Yegor might want to have a look at the OSGi stuff, which can be adapted after the release

poi-javadoc-5.1.0.jar doesn't contain legal notices, but this is not a redistributable, so it doesn't matter

Not sure if we should tell users not to put poi*javadoc.jar in the same directory as the poi*.jar when they use JPMS - basically they shouldn't use the maven directory structure as a module-path as this will result in duplicate fake class entries

as usual the slow death of the web of trust makes it difficult for anyone who hasn't participate in a key signing ceremony to verify the signature ...

Andi

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache POI 5.1.0 release (RC2)

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Vote passes with 4 +1s.
I will see about completing the release over the coming days.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, 27 Oct 2021 at 16:52, Axel Howind<ax...@dua3.com> wrote:   Sorry, I have been out of the loop for some time. I just discovered that I can use the staging artefacts directly by adding the staging repository to my build files, this makes things much easier. Looks good in my projects.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 5.1.0 release (RC2)

Posted by Axel Howind <ax...@dua3.com>.

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I just fixed the issue with poi-scratchpad on https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

On Wednesday 27 October 2021, 11:27:00 IST, Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at> wrote:

+1 from me, compared the contents of jars/zips/targzs and looks good. Also
tried to upgrade a small tool which uses POI, which worked fine.

One small thing: Probably does not block the release but the
"poi-scratchpad" is missing from the Maven Staging repository.

Thanks a lot for pushing the release! Dominik.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.