Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Yetkin Degirmenci <ye...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/17 14:46:52 UTC

[users@httpd] How to enable PUT request on Apache/2

Hello everyone,

I need to enable PUT request on my VPS server because I bought a
comercial cms.
Even my service provider can't figure it out.
I'm not so familar those kind of things.
Only thing we tried made a alias with Davlock it were PUT work under
subdirectory
but I need to work under publich_html but we can't define alias to "/"
root directory.
any help realy apreciated.

Best Regards.
Yetkin Degirmenci

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4665 (20091206) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: [users@httpd] How to enable PUT request on Apache/2

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Yetkin Degirmenci wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I need to enable PUT request on my VPS server because I bought a
> comercial cms.
> Even my service provider can't figure it out.
> I'm not so familar those kind of things.
> Only thing we tried made a alias with Davlock it were PUT work under
> subdirectory
> but I need to work under publich_html but we can't define alias to "/"
> root directory.
> any help realy apreciated.

As far as I understand things, PUT requests are not disabled in Apache.
They are enabled, as long as there is a handler capable of processing them.
By installing mod_dav, you install one such handler.
If your CMS is supposed to allow and handle PUT requests, then it is the
job of your CMS to provide that handler.

Let me say this another way :
By default, to serve HTTP requests for any directory, Apache installs
and uses its own "default handler".  That one handles GET requests,
normally by returning the document which corresponds to the request URL.
So the fact that Apache does not normally accept PUT requests, is simply
because Apache's default handler does not accept them.
If you place a directory under control of another handler however (like
mod_dav), then it depends on this handler whether PUT requests are
accepted or not.
The same if your CMS uses PUT requests.  Your CMS should then provide a
handler which accepts PUT requests.
It is basically its problem, not Apache's.
Your CMS is then also responsible for the security aspects of allowing
users to upload files to your server via PUT requests.

Re: [users@httpd] How to enable PUT request on Apache/2

Posted by Yetkin Degirmenci <ye...@gmail.com>.
Hello Daniel,

The cms adress is here www.firerift.com
I bought this but I'm not pro with apache I'm just a graphic designer. I
wish I could use this safe.
If it's not safe I will decide to forget that money I already spend and
use static HTML.

Thanks for your kind response.
Yetkin

Daniel Reinhardt yazmış: