Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by kumar k <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/17 09:57:11 UTC

Configuring a class to receive jms messages

I want to write a class which can receive messages from my jms
 component i.e. messages put on this jms queue should be delivered to my class
 which will do processing for messages. My question is how do I tell
 xbean configuration that which class/method should receive the message for
 processing?Is it decided by service and end point?Has it to be a web
 service?If I want it to be a POJO what I need to specify for service and
 end point? Or something else is needed altogether?

    <jms:endpoint service="test:MyConsumerService"
                  endpoint="jms"
                  targetService="test:MyConsumerService"
                  targetEndpoint="myConsumer"
                  role="consumer"
                  destinationStyle="queue"
                  jmsProviderDestinationName="queue/A"
                  jndiConnectionFactoryName="ConnectionFactory"
                  defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
                  defaultOperation="test:Echo" />

---------------------------------

Re: Configuring a class to receive jms messages

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 7/17/07, kumar k <ku...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your response. I am new to ESB technology.  Can I make same service receiver and processor of messages? In that case will service and targetService be same? How to tell the configuration which class/method should get the messages from jms queue?

The jms:endpoint is designed to only handle consumption of messages
from a jms queue. It is not designed to also process the messages -
this is what the targetService attribute is for; to send the consumed
messages to another service for processing.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: Configuring a class to receive jms messages

Posted by kumar k <ku...@yahoo.com>.
I have not specified local repositary. Where should I specify it?

Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> wrote:  Kumar,

This is probably the same problem as is mentioned in
http://www.nabble.com/Failed-to-run-the-Loan-Broker-BPEL-example-tf4090764s12049.html
and https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-997.

For the moment, the only solution would be to use the workaround
mentioned in the first thread or update the pom.xml file in your local
repository with the one you can find at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/pom.xml

Gert

kumar k wrote:
> [...]
> at org.apache.maven.model.io.xpp3.MavenXpp3Reader.parseDependency(MavenXpp3Reader.java:1162)
> at org.apache.maven.model.io.xpp3.MavenXpp3Reader.parseDependencyManagement(MavenXpp3Reader.java:1297)
> at org.apache.maven.model.io.xpp3.MavenXpp3Reader.parseModel(MavenXpp3Reader.java:2356)
> at org.apache.maven.model.io.xpp3.MavenXpp3Reader.read(MavenXpp3Reader.java:4422)
> at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1418)
> ... 24 more
> [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
> [INFO] Finished at: Wed Jul 18 18:11:30 GMT+05:30 2007
> [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
>
> Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> Kumar,
>
> If you take a look in the repository (at
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/servicemix/tooling/servicemix-bean-service-unit/),
> you'll notive that this archetype is only available since version
> 3.1.1-incubating...
>
> Gert
>
> kumar k wrote:
>> I am trying to create a su for servicemix-bean with following arguments but it gives an error saying can't get from specified repository. Probably value of DarchetypeArtifactId is not correct. Please advise.
>>
>> mvn archetype:create \
>> -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling \
>> -DarchetypeArtifactId=servicemix-bean-service-unit \
>> -DarchetypeVersion=3.1-incubating \
>> -DgroupId=com.mycompany \
>> -DartifactId=my-processor-su \
>> -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository
>>

>> Bruce Snyder
> wrote: On 7/17/07, kumar k wrote:
>>> I want to write a class which can receive messages from my jms
>>> component i.e. messages put on this jms queue should be delivered to my class
>>> which will do processing for messages. My question is how do I tell
>>> xbean configuration that which class/method should receive the message for
>>> processing?Is it decided by service and end point?Has it to be a web
>>> service?If I want it to be a POJO what I need to specify for service and
>>> end point? Or something else is needed altogether?

>>> targetService="test:MyConsumerService"
>>> targetEndpoint="myConsumer"
>>> role="consumer"
>>> destinationStyle="queue"
>>> jmsProviderDestinationName="queue/A"
>>> jndiConnectionFactoryName="ConnectionFactory"
>>> defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
>>> defaultOperation="test:Echo" />
>> The service is the name of this service whereas the targetService
>> should be the name of the service to which you would like to send the
>> messages consumed from the queue. If you'd like to write your own POJO
>> to process the messages, I would suggest looking at using the
>> servicemix-bean component. This component allows you to use a POJO to
>> process JBI messages by implementing the MessageExchangeListener

---------------------------------
Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

RE: Configuring a class to receive jms messages

Posted by ra...@wipro.com.
you have to put xmlns:test4="http://test4 <http://test4/> " namespace declaration in your JMS su as this is used in the target service property(targetService="test4:pservice").

Regards,
Rabi
http://rabisblog.blogspot.com/

________________________________

Posted by kumar k <ku...@yahoo.com>.

       xmlns:test4="http://test4">

---------------------------------

Posted by kumar k <ku...@yahoo.com>.

---------------------------------

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Kumar,

Posted by kumar k <ku...@yahoo.com>.

wrote: On 7/17/07, kumar k wrote:
>> I want to write a class which can receive messages from my jms
>> component i.e. messages put on this jms queue should be delivered to my class
>> which will do processing for messages. My question is how do I tell
>> xbean configuration that which class/method should receive the message for
>> processing?Is it decided by service and end point?Has it to be a web
>> service?If I want it to be a POJO what I need to specify for service and
>> end point? Or something else is needed altogether?
>>
>>> endpoint="jms"
>> targetService="test:MyConsumerService"
>> targetEndpoint="myConsumer"
>> role="consumer"
>> destinationStyle="queue"
>> jmsProviderDestinationName="queue/A"
>> jndiConnectionFactoryName="ConnectionFactory"
>> defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
>> defaultOperation="test:Echo" />
>
> The service is the name of this service whereas the targetService
> should be the name of the service to which you would like to send the
> messages consumed from the queue. If you'd like to write your own POJO
> to process the messages, I would suggest looking at using the
> servicemix-bean component. This component allows you to use a POJO to
> process JBI messages by implementing the MessageExchangeListener
> interface.
>
> Bruce

---------------------------------
 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Re: Configuring a class to receive jms messages

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Kumar,

Posted by kumar k <ku...@yahoo.com>.

--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E);'

Posted by kumar k <ku...@yahoo.com>.
  On 7/17/07, kumar k wrote:
> I want to write a class which can receive messages from my jms
> component i.e. messages put on this jms queue should be delivered to my class
> which will do processing for messages. My question is how do I tell
> xbean configuration that which class/method should receive the message for
> processing?Is it decided by service and end point?Has it to be a web
> service?If I want it to be a POJO what I need to specify for service and
> end point? Or something else is needed altogether?
>
> > endpoint="jms"
> targetService="test:MyConsumerService"
> targetEndpoint="myConsumer"
> role="consumer"
> destinationStyle="queue"
> jmsProviderDestinationName="queue/A"
> jndiConnectionFactoryName="ConnectionFactory"
> defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
> defaultOperation="test:Echo" />

The service is the name of this service whereas the targetService
should be the name of the service to which you would like to send the
messages consumed from the queue. If you'd like to write your own POJO
to process the messages, I would suggest looking at using the
servicemix-bean component. This component allows you to use a POJO to
process JBI messages by implementing the MessageExchangeListener
interface.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

It's here! Your new message!

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

Re: Configuring a class to receive jms messages

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.