Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "Venkataraman, Narendra" <na...@hp.com> on 2006/04/17 15:57:38 UTC

MINA source contribution

Hello everybody,

I want to contribute to MINA source. I read the tutorial and
presentation slides and downloaded the latest source

I went through the list of features

JMX managability, (coming soon)
Traffic throttling, (coming soon)
Overload shielding, (coming soon)
Integration with well known containers such as Spring and OSGi, (coming
soon)

Looks like traffic throttling and overload shielding are already
implemented though feature list is not updated.
Are there any features that I can work on?

Naren

Re: MINA source contribution

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Narendra,

On 4/17/06, Venkataraman, Narendra <na...@hp.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I want to contribute to MINA source. I read the tutorial and
> presentation slides and downloaded the latest source

We're really glad to hear your will for contribution! :D

I went through the list of features

> JMX managability, (coming soon)

JMX manageability is still in an early stage.  Julien Vermillard was posting
a few patches for it, but we didn't integrate it yet.  So you can improve it
further.

Traffic throttling, (coming soon)

Traffic throttling is done, but traffic shaping is not yet.  We have traffic
throttling so we can implement traffic shaping on top of it virtually.

Overload shielding, (coming soon)

This is a major issue we need to deal with the next release (0.9.4).

Integration with well known containers such as Spring and OSGi, (coming
> soon)

We've got an integration with Spring framework thanks to Niklas, but still
don't have pieces for OSGi and PicoContainer.

Looks like traffic throttling and overload shielding are already
> implemented though feature list is not updated.

Overload sheidling is not implemented yet.  We're looking for the best way
of implementation.

Are there any features that I can work on?

You can contribute to all the features you listed above, and please take a
look at our JIRA page so you can find more exciting issues. :D

Thank you!

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6