Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io> on 2016/05/18 21:07:34 UTC

Fishing for ideas for future Geode Clubhouse talks

Dear Apache Geode Community,
What would you like to hear about next in terms of using Geode, or details
about the features of Geode?

We have a talk scheduled about the possibilities of WAN Gateway coming in
early June. I will post details for that soon.

However, what would you like to talk about after that?

We can pull from the talks and experts at Geode Summit:
https://2016.event.geodesummit.com/schedule

I've heard suggestions such as *How to use Pulse, How to use Continuous
Query, Using local functions...*

Are there topics you would like to present on?  Or any of these or others
you would like to hear about?

Here's your chance to give some feedback.

Greg Chase

Global Head, Big Data Communities
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data

Pivotal Software
http://www.pivotal.io/

650-215-0477
@GregChase
Blog: http://geekmarketing.biz/

Re: Fishing for ideas for future Geode Clubhouse talks

Posted by Matt Ross <mr...@pivotal.io>.
That's up to @the real Wes Williams who taught me!

*516-941-7535 <516-941-7535> | mross@pivotal.io <mr...@pivotal.io> *

Re: Fishing for ideas for future Geode Clubhouse talks

Posted by Matt Ross <mr...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
Matt,

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
Matt,

Posted by Matt Ross <mr...@pivotal.io>.
I think it would be really useful to hear about application design patterns
with Geode.  There's a lot of experience in the community, and it would be
great to hear some of the more interesting use cases that Gemfire/Geode
Developers have seen over the years.  Yes there is documentation on how to
use things like Continuous Query, Async Event Listener, Cache Loaders, etc.
but hearing specific use cases, and how developers were able to integrate
these features into their architectures would be really helpful. For
example one of the really cool and important things I've learned from an
Engineer with lots of Gemfire experience was how to create specific lookup
regions in order to aggregate data without using OQL.  Thanks and let me
know what you all think!

Posted by Matt Ross <mr...@pivotal.io>.