Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Stefan Klinger <kl...@cs.york.ac.uk> on 2006/04/18 11:54:22 UTC

Http-Component Get Binding

Hello,

I noticed that the Http-Component only allows for HTTP POST Binding when
deploying a service unit using wsdl. Are there any plans to support HTTP
GET as well?

On another note, the ActiveIO dependency has changed to
activeio_version=3.0-beta1 which I cannot seem to get from any of the
remote repositories - Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stefan

Re: Help in reading text files using the file-Binding example

Posted by MD...@symcor.com.
Hi,

When I use the DefaultMarshaler the following errors throws up. Basically
Iam trying to convert to property type Marshaler.

bean wit
h name 'org.servicemix.components.file.FileWriter#10849bc' defined in file
[C:\s
ervicemix-2.0.2\examples\file-binding\servicemix.xml]: Error setting
property va
lues; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.PropertyAccessExceptionsExce
ption: PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors); nested
propertyAccessExcept
ions are: [org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to
convert pr
operty value of type [org.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DefaultMarshaler] to
required
 type [org.servicemix.components.util.FileMarshaler] for property
'marshaler']
PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors)
org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert
property valu
e of type [org.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DefaultMarshaler] to required type
[org.
servicemix.components.util.FileMarshaler] for property 'marshaler'

Now if te DefaultMarshaler cannot convert to marshaler, what other
property can I use to allow the content to be written to the outbox
directory.  Is there any api I can look to see the use of these classes?

The servicemix.xml file Iam using is shown below.

<sm:container id="jbi" useMBeanServer="true"
                createMBeanServer="true" dumpStats="true"
statsInterval="10">

                <sm:activationSpecs>

                        <!-- Write files to the outbox directory -->
                        <sm:activationSpec componentName="fileSender"
                                service="foo:fileSender">
                                <sm:component>
                                        <bean
xmlns="http://xbean.org/schemas/spring/1.0"
class="org.servicemix.components.file.FileWriter">
                                                <property name="directory"
value="outbox" />
                                                <property
name="marshaler">
                                                        <bean
xmlns="http://xbean.org/schemas/spring/1.0"
class="org.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DefaultMarshaler">

                                                        </bean>
                                                </property>
                                        </bean>
                                </sm:component>
                        </sm:activationSpec>

                        <!-- Look for files in the inbox directory -->
                        <sm:activationSpec componentName="filePoller"
                                destinationService="foo:fileSender"
service="foo:filePoller">
                                <sm:component>
                                        <bean
xmlns="http://xbean.org/schemas/spring/1.0"
 class="org.servicemix.components.file.FilePoller">
                                                <property
name="workManager" ref="workManager" />
                                                <property name="file"
value="inbox" />
                                                <property name="period"
value="1000" />
                                        </bean>
                                </sm:component>
                        </sm:activationSpec>
                </sm:activationSpecs>
        </sm:container>

Thanks again.
Mat

"Guillaume Nodet" <gn...@gmail.com>
04/19/2006 05:08 PM
Please respond to
servicemix-users@geronimo.apache.org

servicemix-users@geronimo.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Help in reading text files using the file-Binding example

I think you are looking for the
org.servicemix.components.util.DefaultFileMarshaler which is a
FileMarshaler and has a fileName property.

Guillaume

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Clarification on the POJO Example

Posted by Eric Dofonsou <ew...@yahoo.com>.
would think that the send message is called by you
calling client (ie : in the case of a web endpoint
when you receive a call from the client you send the
client message to the bus by calling the sendMessage
method of your POJO.).

Could you please provide more information for the
second normaly all calls are based on a triggers that
are provided by the BUS ?  You can put your POJO
method in one of the interface method.  Depending on
when you want you methode called.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The marshaler must be set as a property on the FilePoller component.
See http://servicemix.goopen.org/site/file.html

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

> [...]

>     </sm:component>
>
> </sm:activationSpec>
>
> <!--Flat File converter Component -->
>

> Error
>
> orkManager]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy}
> Caught: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
> creating
> bean with name 'jbi' defined in file
> [C:\servicemix-2.0.2\examples\file-binding\
> servicemix.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
> java.lang.Il
> legalArgumentException: Component name: flatfileConverter is bound to an
> object
> which is not a JBI component, it is of type: FFConverter

Based on the error, it would appear that an interface was not
implemented or some requirement of JBI components has not been met.
Please post the Java class so that I can fully understand what is

unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
);'

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 4/24/06, MDavid@symcor.com <MD...@symcor.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bruce for the information.  It connects me to a lot of hidden
> facts. Appreciate it.

No problem, just let us know if you have any more questions.

Bruce
);'

[...]

org.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.activateComponent(JBIContai
ner.java:786)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.container.SpringJBIContainer.afterPropertiesSet(Sp
ringJBIContainer.java:52)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1058)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:363)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:226)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.
preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:275)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refres
h(AbstractApplicationContext.java:318)
        at
org.xbean.spring.context.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileS
ystemXmlApplicationContext.java:149)
        at
org.xbean.spring.context.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileS
ystemXmlApplicationContext.java:48)
        at org.servicemix.Main.main(Main.java:76)

Appreciate any info on this.

Thanks
Mat

"Bruce Snyder" <br...@gmail.com>
04/21/2006 05:05 PM

On 4/21/06, MDavid@symcor.com <MD...@symcor.com> wrote:
> A simple clarification, xml content is the one closest to  Normalized
> messages hence servicemix classes widely support that, but is there any
> classes which helps reading and writing text files with some default xml
> conversion before transfering it through NMR??

The DefaultMarshaler and the DefaultFileMarshaler both handle messages
that are already XML. Depending on what you need exactly, I'd
recommend extending one of the existing classes to build your own
marshaler.

The DefaultMarshaller extends PojoMarshaler which is for marshalling
java.lang.Objects which doesn't sound like what you want. On the other
hand, the DefaultFileMarshaler extends MarshalerSupport and implements
FileMarshaler. MarshalerSupport is for building a basic marshaler but
FileMarshaler is for converting a file to a normalized message.

It sounds to me like you should consider extending the
DefaultFileMarshaler to create your own FileMarshaler implementation
for transforming your text files. Your implementations of the
readMessage() and writeMessage() methods will transform the text file
content into a normalized message.

Bruce

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 4/21/06, MDavid@symcor.com <MD...@symcor.com> wrote:
> A simple clarification, xml content is the one closest to  Normalized
> messages hence servicemix classes widely support that, but is there any
> classes which helps reading and writing text files with some default xml
> conversion before transfering it through NMR??

The DefaultMarshaler and the DefaultFileMarshaler both handle messages
that are already XML. Depending on what you need exactly, I'd
recommend extending one of the existing classes to build your own
marshaler.

The DefaultMarshaller extends PojoMarshaler which is for marshalling
java.lang.Objects which doesn't sound like what you want. On the other
hand, the DefaultFileMarshaler extends MarshalerSupport and implements
FileMarshaler. MarshalerSupport is for building a basic marshaler but
FileMarshaler is for converting a file to a normalized message.

It sounds to me like you should consider extending the
DefaultFileMarshaler to create your own FileMarshaler implementation
for transforming your text files. Your implementations of the
readMessage() and writeMessage() methods will transform the text file
content into a normalized message.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: Help in reading text files using the file-Binding example

Posted by MD...@symcor.com.
A simple clarification, xml content is the one closest to  Normalized
messages hence servicemix classes widely support that, but is there any
classes which helps reading and writing text files with some default xml
conversion before transfering it through NMR??

Thanks

MDavid@symcor.com
04/21/2006 11:56 AM
Please respond to
servicemix-users@geronimo.apache.org

servicemix-users@geronimo.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Help in reading text files using the file-Binding example

Hi Guillaume,
When I use this servicemix.xml file to read a text file, the servicemix
start fine, but when a file is thrown in the input directory, an POJO
error throws. Any tips on this will be help ful.

Servicemix.xml
<sm:activationSpec componentName="fileSender" service="foo:fileSender">
                                <sm:component>

                                        <bean
xmlns="http://xbean.org/schemas/spring/1.0"
class="org.servicemix.components.file.FileWriter">

                                                <property name="directory"

value="outbox" />
                                        <bean
xmlns="http://xbean.org/schemas/spring/1.0" class="
org.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DefaultMarshaler">

                                        </bean>

                                        </bean>

                                </sm:component>
                        </sm:activationSpec>
Error
//servicemix.org/demo/}fileSender
[ERROR] PojoSupport - Error processing exchange
<javax.jbi.messaging.MessagingEx
ception: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
outbox\C:\servicemix-2.0.2\examples\file
-binding\inbox\test-file-new.txt (The filename, directory name, or volume
label
syntax is incorrect)>javax.jbi.messaging.MessagingException:
java.io.FileNotFoun
dException:
outbox\C:\servicemix-2.0.2\examples\file-binding\inbox\test-file-new
.txt (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
        at
org.servicemix.components.file.FileWriter.process(FileWriter.java:127
)
        at
org.servicemix.components.util.OutBinding.onMessageExchange(OutBindin
g.java:51)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.processInBound(Deliv
eryChannelImpl.java:588)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.AbstractFlow.doRouting(AbstractFlow.java:
171)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaFlow.doSend(SedaFlow.java:140)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.AbstractFlow.send(AbstractFlow.java:119)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.nmr.Broker.sendExchangePacket(Broker.java:289)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.sendExchange(JBIContainer.j
ava:567)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.doSend(DeliveryChann
elImpl.java:347)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.sendSync(DeliveryCha
nnelImpl.java:422)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.sendSync(DeliveryCha
nnelImpl.java:398)
        at
org.servicemix.components.file.FilePoller.processFile(FilePoller.java
:220)
        at
org.servicemix.components.file.FilePoller.processFileAndDelete(FilePo
ller.java:197)

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Did you forgot the last 'r' in the DefaultMarshaler ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

> [...]

> >                                                 <property
name="directory"
> > value="outbox" />
> >                                                 <property
> > name="marshaler">
> >                                                         <bean
> > class="
> > org.servicemix.client.DefaultMarshaler">
> > <property
> > name="fileName">
> >  <bean
> >  class="org.servicemix.expression.JaxenStringXPathExpression">
> >  <constructor-arg
> >         value="concat('sample_', /sample/@id, '.xml')" />
> >  </bean>
> >  </property>
> >                                                         </bean>
> >                                                 </property>
> >                                         </bean>
> >                                 </sm:component>
> >                         </sm:activationSpec>

Re: Help in reading text files using the file-Binding example

Thanks Guillaume!!  Shall give it a try.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, i mean

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Http-Component Get Binding

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I don' t think that an empty source could work, as it may have to be
transformed to a valid DOM document for example.  A dummy one will
work ("<dummy/>" is fine)...
That is what I had in mine, and it is already used at some places in servicemix.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Stefan Klinger <kl...@cs.york.ac.uk>.
Thanks Guillaume,